15.

I'm not sure whether he could see simon or not. Either way I done the first thing I thought of.

I placed each of my hands on either side of Simons face, brought him to meet me half way across the table and kissed him.

I needed to steer him away from the table. I didn't want to open my eyes incase I made eye contact again.

Simon finally pulled away a little surprised and looked at me.

"What was that for?" He asked letting out one of his breathy laughs.

I looked to my right where my dad had just been to see him continue to walk over.

"Adele?" I could hear simon say which snapped me out of my train of thought.

"Yeah baby?" I asked focusing my state back on him.

"What's wrong?" He was starting to get worried. I could hear it in his voice.

"Adele, you look like you've seen a ghost" that voice! I turned my head to become face to face with my dad.

I looked back at simon who was confused.

"What?" I asked coldly

"Oh, is that any tone to talk to your beloved father in?" I looked down at my plate and let out a sarcastic laugh.

"Beloved my ass" I mumbled under my breath.

"You must be my daughters husband?" Simon looked at me strangely.

"Oh, no sir, I'm just her boyfriend, for now" I looked up at simon who was now standing greeting my dad. He had a disapproving look on his face.

"Oh, I'm terribly sorry. I just thought with the baby and all you would have popped the question. That's what a gentleman should have done" he said mumbling the last sentence. I stood up with the legs of my chair scraping across the ground.

"Because that's what you done isn't it dad? Popped the question like a true gentleman?" I threw money on the table and grabbed simons left arm.

"Well adele, I'm just saying."

"Well you know what? Don't! I'm lucky to still have simon after telling him!" I walked straight out of the restaurant with simon at my heels.

He stooped and spun me around.

"Baby, what was that all about?" He asked in a gentle voice.

"He's always like this don't worry about it" I said letting out a huge sigh.

He came up to me, wrapped his arms around my waist and hugged me reassuringly.

The hugs I live for.

A/N hope you enjoy this chapter. I had a little debate about who the mysterious person was going to be. But I decided to use adeles dad. Anyway, enjoy and let me know what you think x