8.

"I... Well, Simon I..." He got up off the couch.

"You know what? I'm sorry, I don't know what I was thinking. I knew you weren't ready for a relationship but here I am confessing my love for you. But you obviously don't feel the same way, so I'm just gonna go" a tear made its way down my right cheek. He started walking to the door clearly upset.

"Simon" he stopped and turned around to see me. Why aren't the words forming?!

"No, Adele. I know, I was stupid to think anything would happen" he opened the door while taking one last look at me as if asking me to stop him. Adele spit it out! But silence remained. He walked out of the house leaving me sitting on the couch.

"I love you too" I said in a broken whisper. I stood up and ran outside, but he was long gone. Why can't you just admit your feelings for him? Ive ruined something amazing.

I couldn't stay awake. I felt awful. I walked upstairs and went to bed. Maybe it'll end the guilt for a bit.

------------

Simons POV

I can't believe I walked out on her like that. She never even got the chance to answer. Maybe I should call her. No it was obvious she never felt the same. But maybe just to apologise. But... Ah fuck it.

I picked up the phone and dialled Adele's number.

"Hello?" She said in a soft sleepy voice.

"Adele, hi" I said now nervous.

"Simon, oh god" she said a little more lively.

"No, Adele look. I wanted to apologise for last night I over reacted." She let out a soft breathy laugh.

"Let's talk about it over lunch" she took me by surprise. She still wanted to talk to me?

"Seriously?"

"Huh?" Inner thoughts Simon! Inner thoughts!

"Oh nothing, lunch sounds great. I'll come over at 1?"

"Of course, see you then" and with that she hung up. Okay Simon. The days off to an alright start.

Adeles POV

Okay Adele. You need to tell him. You can't keep it a secret anymore.

Some time passed and soon enough it was 1. I was nervously waiting for Simon to arrive while pacing around my living room thinking of what to say. The doorbell suddenly went.

"Simon, hey!" I gestured for him to come in and so he did.

"Adele I wanted to apologise for how I acted yesterday." I took his hand, looked him in the eye and smiled.

"I love you too" I shyly said.

"What?!" He said totally surprised.

"I love you too Simon, and I'm sorry I never told you this earlier but I guess I was just scar..." I couldn't finish my sentence. Before I knew it he had grabbed my waist and pulled me in for a kiss. My hand naturally rested on his chest as my other arm was wrapped around his neck keeping our lips connected. This kiss was like none other. This really was something.

A/N okay I'm up, it's late, and I'm tired. But I feel like I work best under these conditions. I start to doze off and imagine what's happening. I would've been asleep already tonight but I have this horrible gut feeling that's keeping me up. Sorry, slight rant. Anyway I hope you enjoy this chapter x