Chapter Four

I don't know if I like this chapter. I might just rewrite it. Let me know what you think of it, if it just drones on, or if it's believable. I'm trying my best to make it believable, but I don't know if I'm succeeding. However, whether it's crappy or not, the best comment WILL get a vote. I hope you guys enjoy. Last chapter's best comment got this vote.

When Niall awoke, the first thing he noticed was that he was in a hospital. He didn’t like hospitals. Not since his dad died in one a few years back. That memory tended to haunt him worse than any other memory he had. Even worse than the fact that he and Zayn used to be best friends.

However, it was not the fact that he woke up in the hospital that freaked him out when he woke up. It was that the first thing he saw when he woke up was Harry. He wasn’t sure what the curly haired boy was doing in the hospital. Then, everything came flooding back to him.

Zayn, his ex-best friend, had pushed him against the locker. Zayn had laughed as Niall’s head hit the locker with a slam, laughed along with his best friend, Louis. And most importantly, Harry had punched Zayn. Niall could not figure that out. Why would Harry be so nice to him, when all Niall had done was be rude to him? Niall did not deserve Harry to fight his battles. Not that Niall needed his battles fought for him. He could very well take care of himself.

“Why’d you punch him?” Niall asked Harry.

Harry looked stunned, as if he had not noticed Niall was even awaked. He turned his green eyes onto Niall, and smiled. “He deserved it,” he murmured. “He shouldn’t be such a prick.”

“Why should you care?” Niall asked. He figured that his whole not-talking-to-Harry-thing no longer existed. After all, Harry had punched Zayn for him.

“Because, you’re the only person who’s actually talked to me,” Harry replied.

Niall was confused. He had not talked to Harry that much. And every time he did, he tried his best to sound bitter. How could Harry think that was good?

“I haven’t talked to you that much,” Niall whispered.

“Every time you do, I can’t get you to stop though,” Harry said, showing his white teeth off in a wide smile.

Niall cursed silently to himself. After all, Harry had a very good point about that. It seemed like lately he had been talking to Harry too much. Yet, it also seemed like he was drawn into Harry. He wasn’t even sure why that was.  Niall promised himself he’d try to do better. Sure, he knew that he couldn’t never talk to Harry, but he could at least only talk to him every so often. Yeah, that sounded good.

Just then, Niall noticed something that irritated him. “That picture is crooked,” he muttered, talking about a picture of a boat sailing on the ocean. Harry must’ve heard him, because he went over to the picture, and straightened it.

“Is that better, Niall?” Harry asked.

“Yeah,” Niall whispered. Then, he realized he hadn’t asked a question most people would’ve asked by now. “What happened?” he asked. “I remember getting shoved against the locker, and you punching Zayn, and me blocking out, but what happened afterwards?”

“I finished beating up Zayn, and the principal came and stopped me from killing Zayn, something I fully intend to do if something like this ever happens again. Then, he suspended Zayn for two weeks. Meanwhile, I had called 911, and told them I had a friend who was unconscious. Paramedics came, and loaded you into the ambulance, and being me, I sweet-talked them into letting me ride with you. Then, when we got here, I walked with you as they brought you in here, and I was able to sit in here as they checked you over. You should be thankful it is not any worse. You only got a concussion, mate.”

“Really?” Niall asked. It seemed like a lot more than a concussion. It felt like someone had hit his hand with a hammer or something. He had a raging headache. “My head hurts.” Just then, he felt himself starting to go dizzy again. Suddenly, once again, everything went black.