Parentals.

Granted, I'm not sure any kid understands their 'rents. So. Do I need to completely elaborate on this?

Okay. How about you teenagers, huh? You go to a party, maybe have a beer or two. Your parents find out. One of them may be cool with it and say, casually and unnerved, to be careful and responsible.

The other one, however, freaks out. Like they go insane. For me, this parent is my mother. It doesn't matter that it was one party and I had two beers then left the party, three hours after the second beer was consumed. It was out of my system but my mother decided that I was the worst child on the planet and now she can't ever trust me again. 

I don't get this. My dad told me, and I quote, "Don't do anything I wouldn't do." He was completely fine with this, as long as I was being safe and responsible. 

My mother, though. Man. 

Yet. What I really don't get is why, exactly, she flipped so bad. She acted like me having two beers was the worst thing to ever happen in the history. Why I don't understand it is because of this: My mother was WAY worse than me as a teenager. I mean she got pregnant with me at seventeen. She had me at eighteen. Now, I'm nineteen and I still don't have any children. Also, from what I've heard, my mom was quite the partier when she was younger. So why are you getting mad at me for being a better kid than you???? Does anyone else get where I'm coming from here??

My dad wasn't the best kid, either. I mean, he was on the football team and he had a huge group of rowdy buddies. Then again, he's also a Keller so that calls for a crazy kid. It's just in our blood. We can't help it. We're just little hellions as children. The boys are, at least. Definitely. I mean, I don't think I was too bad of a child, I did have my moments, though. Anyways!! 

I know my dad went out and partied. He'd go booze cruising with his buddies, too. And he'd go and play pranks on his principal's house or fellow football team members' houses. So he wasn't exactly a model kid either. I'm not saying that these are bad things, I'm just saying that they were a lot wilder than I am when they were teens. So when my dad told me not to do anything he wouldn't do, that leaves me a lot of lee way. Which I didn't do most of it, to let you know. I'm a good kid. 

My point of this is, parents are crazy when it comes to what they don't want you to do. They should think back to when they were teenagers. And based upoon their actions, they should talk to their teens and tell them not to do what they did. If they're that concerned about it. Let them know why you'd prefer them not to do. Dont' just freak out when you find out that we went to a party or whatever. And, when you were teenagers, you probably went to your fair share of parties. So don't be so harsh on them. You were once in their shoes. 

That's all I'm saying. We've all been in a spot someone younger than us is in right now. We should remember how they feel.