When We Were Young(7)

When We Were Young-7

Alec~** 

"Oh my Lord. This is AMAZING!" Alicia exclaimed shoving some more chicken in her mouth.  

We were currently in my apartment dressed in sweats from our colleges and being completely... Civil. Which is a surprise because when we were dating we fought like cats and dogs. But loving cats and dogs... if that made any kind of sense.  

"Best Chinese on the block." I told her from the kitchen searching for a beer.  

"Grab me a Corona?" She asked.  

I stared at her for a second and she rolled her eyes at me.  

"Yes I drink, and surprisingly enough can drink more than most guys so yes I want a beer." 

I shrugged and tossed her the last Corona. I settled for the Rasberry Smirnoff I had in the back.  

Ahh, good ol'vodka.  

"Seriously vodka and Chinese food?" Alicia reprimanded me.  

I rolled my eyes and took a swing of my drink. The alcohol tasted foreign in my mouth. I haven't had a beer in months since the little gathering I had a few months ago.  

I quickly devoured my food, but Alicia was already finished. She had saved AJ some in the kitchen but the girl still had her appetite. Nothing changed her, and nothing will.  

"Hungry much?" I asked taking all the dirty dishes to the kitchen.  

"Yes." She answered bluntly. "I'm always hungry, don't you remember?"  

I chuckled as I put everything in the dishwasher. "Oh yeah. I remember. You could order everything on the menu and finish it all by yourself, and still have room for dessert."  

"Damn straight." She grinned proudly throwing away all the scraps and empty chinese containers.  

I threw myself on the couch sighing. I smiled as I remembered my son was sleeping my room. My son!  

"You know, you're going to turn into the joker if you don't stop smiling like that." Alicia sat down in the recliner and closed her eyes.  

I shook my head just sat quietly.  

"Alec?" Alicia whispered.  

"Hmm?" I ask my eyes closed.  

"Are you really going to serve me?" She asked.  

My eyes snapped open at the question. Could I really serve her? I mean one side of me hates this girl-and not just for leaving with my son- but the other side cares about her dearly. Maybe even still loves her just a smidge, but she is trying to deny me the legal rights I have to my son. I might not have been there for the first few years of his life but I want to be apart of the rest of them.  

"I don't know, are you going to give me the rights I deserve?" I asked.  

"Want. Not deserve want." And there was the lawyer mode. "You want the rights of a biological parent. Doesn't mean you deserve them."  

I sat up, my back straight and my jaw set.  

"I do deserve them now. AJ loves me, I have the means to provide for him, I have time for him always and I love him. I do deserve the rights that come with being his parent Alicia. Just because your prideful ass doesn't want to admit that I am a better person now doesn't mean Im not."  

Alicia looked at me shocked. My voice was cold and strong while speaking and I know she has never heard this side of me. I was always easy going and laid-back; never serious about anything. 

But I grew up, just like she vying for me to, so now I want to be able to prove it.  

"I'm sorry Alec," she sighed. "I would like to let you see AJ whenever you want but guess what? YOU told me to leave! I didn't want to but I did! So guess what? Now you're suffering!" 

I was speechless. It was true, an I was now ashamed.  

"You're right." I whispered. "You're absolutely right." I gulped hating what I was going to say next. "AJ maybe our son, but you have every right to keep him from a father who wasn't there. So do what you please, I'll keep my Saturdays and make the most of them." I didn't even want to hear her response so I made my way into my bedroom. I threw myself on my bed frustrated. I did something I haven't done in years.  

I cried.  

I cried out of anger, out of frustration, and of confusion.  

I punched a hole in the wall and kept my fist there. I breathed heavily just staring at the hole in my wall.  

I heard the front door open and close. I sighed and just wished the world could open up a hole and swallow me. I slid down the wall to the floor and sat there not intending on getting up.  

I was stupid. A stupid young selfish teenager who lost two important people, and now I want them back.  

This journey is not going to be easy.

------ 

FINALLY! This chapter is up! I have no idea the length of this chapter and I honestly don't think the quality of this chapter is what I want it to be, But I felt so bad for taking so long to type it up! Now that my sport has ended and classes are becoming more important my writing time is limited so please bare with my scattered/choppy updates!  

*6 votes? 5 comments?*  

That would help encourage me to write ;p<3

Peace, 

Love, 

&Baby Ducks<3