Chapter Two

---

Chapter Two

---

We ran around the airport for another 10 minutes before Louis finally gave up and let me take him. Besides, our flight was leaving so we had to go.

I walked down the plane, looking for our seats with Louis behind me. He held onto my hand right. I think he's nervous.

When we find our seats, we sit down together. All our baggage was taken somewhere else on the plane so they could transport it apart. The only thing I have with me right now is a small bag with food and magazines.

Our seats are nicely located. We're sitting in the back of the plane and it's not really crowded. It's quite nice and sitting in the back of the plane means people don't really pay attention to you because you're kind of like hidden in the back.

The seat itself isn't too bad either. I can feel myself sink into the fabric. It's very comfy. A grey plate is attached to the back of the seat in front of me. Louis pulls it out and then puts it back again for a couple of times. He's probably bored already. It's a good two and a half hours to get from London to Lisbon. I know, it isn't really that long, but Louis is very bad at sitting still and not irritate me.

My eyes scan around the plane. I notice the seats I thought were nice, are coloured a disgusting tint of blue which makes them ugly after all. I look out of the window. I look at London once more. I used to call it home and now I'm leaving it behind. Not only 'home', but also my cat, my best friend, school and my only change to get my future dream job. I will miss this damn country. JUST the country though.

And my sister.

That's what I feel worst about. I have to leave Gemma behind... She's the girl who has watched me grow up. I've watched her grow up as well. Gemma is my big example. My role model. She's been so sweet to me. Even after I came out as gay, she's always been there for me.

Gemma is, apart from Louis, the only person that understands me and where I can be myself with. Gemma didn't make me feel afraid of who I am.

I've spent most of my last days in London with her. Secretly of course. I did not want to see my mom and my stepdad ever again. They scare me. I've been staying at Louis' house for the past couple of months, but my parents kept on finding me and taking me back. Though, I kept walking away again because I was just done with everything at home. A lot went horribly wrong. I did not, and still do not, dare to go back home after all the horrible things my mom and her new husband did to me and said about me and Louis. Especially Louis.

They wanted to take me to another school, they used to lock me in my room only so I wouldn't be able to spend time with Louis. None of it did work, of course. So my mom and her ass husband were considering to send me into therapy.

Yes, when being gay was all new to me, I wanted to be cured, but once I realised that this is who I'm meant to be, I accepted it. And once I'd met Louis, it had never crossed my mind again.

My parents hurt me. And not only on the inside. My own bloody mom physically abused me. I am more than sure now, I never want to see her again. Or her shitty husband.

My biological dad left us when I was little. I've never spoken to him after that.

Louis' mom didn't really mind me staying with them or that her son was gay. She told me she already knew Louis was gay when he was just a little boy. Him coming out did not come unexpectedly for her. Also, Louis grew up with five women; his mom and his four lovely sisters. It's logical that makes him more feminine.

Louis' house was the first place I felt loved again. I was safe for once. Though, of course, my parents found out where I was and came to take me away. They've barely let me out of the house again.