Chapter Thirteen

------

Chapter Thirteen

------

Louis' POV

The only sound around us is the sound of gravel crunching beneath our shoes. I feel the sun burn my back and my feet start to hurt. We've been walking for three hours I think. And there's still no sign of life.

"Hazz," I breathe. "Can we stop for a moment? I can't walk anymore"

I pull Harry back by his wrist. He stops in his tracks and spins around. I bend forwards and rest my hands on my knees. I'm breathing heavily.

"You okay?" Harry asks before he sits himself down on the road. I join him.

"I'm fine, you?"

"Yeah, I'm good." Harry wipes some sweat from his forehead. "But we've been walking for ages! We'll never get to a city. We'll probably die out here!"

"Stop being so dramatic" I laugh and give Harry a little push. Harry giggles and pushed me back. I laugh a little more before I tell him he's right. And it scared me too. We're miles away. We're the only ones here and it's incredibly silent. Though, the silence calms me down too. It's very peaceful and beautiful. I feel like nothing can harm us here. We're miles away from Jack. And that feels kind of safe.

"You think we'll find a village or something if we keep walking?" Harry questions. Little droplets of sweat drip down the sides of his head. A soft breeze makes most of Harry's hair blow around his face. Only a few locks stick to his sweaty forehead. The sun makes the green in Harry's eyes even brighter and he looks absolutely beautiful.

"Yeah," I shrug. "Eventually"

Harry lets out a deep sigh and lets himself fall backwards, resting his head and shoulders on some grass at the side of the road. Harry's hand moves to my shoulder and he slowly pulls me down as well. I lay besides him on the road as we watch the sky.

"The sky is beautiful, don't you think?" Harry asks and I turn my head to look at him. "Looks quite similar to your eyes, Lou" he whispers. "Only yours are way more beautiful" I lift my hand and trace Harry's lips with my index finger. Harry just smiles as I remain speechless. He moves his face closer to me and not even a second later, he wraps his plump lips around mine. My entire body starts to tingle.

Our kissing turns into a hot snog session and as much as I like it, we both decide it might be better if we just keep walking. So we just lay down a little longer to get our breathing to a normal pace. We both left our phones at the house and neither of us wears a watch. I have no idea what time it is and when it will be dark again. Sleeping under the stars with Harry sounds very tempting, but it's better if we find an actual place to stay.

I help Harry to his feet and we start to walk again.

Harry told me that the pain in his abdomen still feels horrific, but it's bearable. I don't believe him for shit, but I just go with it. Both our faces look pretty damaged still, but it'll heal. We will be alright. We have to be. We can't let Jack bring us down anymore. It has to stop.

------

Another two hours have passed and it's slowly getting dark again. I don't really know what it is with Portugal, but it gets dark pretty soon over here.

We are so tired and Harry is still in pain. I can't do this any longer. Harry is almost crawling next to me, his head down and his shoulders low. I sigh and look up. Something gets my attention.

"Harry, do you see that?!" I ask and shake his arm.

Harry looks to where I'm pointing. Little lights are spread out over the horizon. And if you listen closely, you can even hear bells from some church.