Chapter Eighteen

I'd like to make a shout-out to AbbyClover14 for telling me to hurry with this story. You're totally right and I love you for telling me to upload! This chapter is for youu :)

------

Chapter Eighteen

------

Zayn's POV

It takes a lot of strength to open my eyes. Something which feels like an elbow pokes in my stomach and it hurts.

When I finally have my eyes open, I see who's elbow it is.

It's the elbow of a sleeping Niall who's lying half on top of me. Niall's upper body leans on me as I'm sat slumped on the couch. Next to me is Louis, who's also still asleep. Niall's lower body rests in Louis' lap, but Louis doesn't seem to notice. He's got his arms wrapped around Niall's feet, holding them like a baby. Harry's lying on the floor. His arms and legs are spread out and I can see him drooling on the carpet. His mess of curls move with his snoring.

I laugh quietly at the sight of the boys.

We must've fallen asleep on the couch after getting out of bed every hour because Noah was crying. I gave up going back to bed after having to make my way downstairs for the fifth time. Niall, Louis, and Harry must've thought the same way. I forced Niall to help me change Noah's diapers a few times last night and I heard Harry drag Louis out of bed as well when it was his turn to do it. I believe he has also fed Noah twice.

When Niall and Louis left to go back to sleep, Harry and I stayed in Noah's room for a while to just watch him sleep and make sure he was okay.

I look around the living room. It's a total mess in here, but for now I don't care. Though, something else is different. It's like something is missing. Where's Gloria? There's a different atmosphere in this house.

Suddenly the horrible memory kicks back in. My stomach turns and I feel as if I'm going to vomit. It feels like yesterday was a dream, but I know it happened for real.

I jump up to make my way to the bathroom, but due to my sudden action, Niall's upper body rolls off of me and slams to the floor. Niall jolts up and accidentally kick Louis in the face while doing so.

Niall stands up and looks at a cursing Louis holding his cheek. Once Niall notices what has happened, he bursts out into laughter. Harry groans at the sudden noise and turns to lie on his side. One of his eyes open and he peeks around. The memory of Gloria must have retained for him as well because he abruptly sits up.

The urge for me to puke slowly fades away. All four of us exchange a look, but none of us says a thing.

I'm about to walk to the kitchen and make all of us a cup of coffee, but a baby cry stops me.

I watch Niall and Louis roll their heads back while groaning, but I roll my eyes at them. It's Gloria's baby for fucks sake. I understand they're tired from getting up all night, but it's a baby. He can't help it. I would do anything to take care of Noah. That's the least I can do for Gloria.

I meet eyes with Harry and we look at each other for a second before we rush to Noah's room.

His room is downstairs by the way. There's an extra room attached to the living room which Gloria first used as a study room. Now it's Noah's.

I stand behind Harry as he opens the door and peeks his head inside. I do the same, pushing Harry inside a little further while doing so.

Noah's crying, alone, in the big crib which makes him look even smaller than he already is. We both walk inside.