Chapter Twelve

------

Chapter Twelve

-----

"Sir? Sir? Are you okay?" I ask as I shake the unconscious body that's on the floor.

Worry takes over me as I look around the house. There's broken glass all over the floor, the door was wide open when I got here, the sofa is flipped over and pillows lay everywhere. There's a pretty build man on the floor and blood is dripping from his head.

I start to panic.

"Sir? Wake up!" I shake the body again. My cap falls from my head, revealing my blond hair. I throw the pizza box on the floor and grab the man with both my hands. In the year I've been a pizza deliverer, I've never seen something like this before.

Much to my relief, the body on the floor tenses. Slowly, the man's eyes open and meet my blue ones.

"Thank god, Sir. I thought you were dead!"

I grab the man by his arms in an attempt to help him up, but he pushes me away.

"Who are you?" The stranger snarls and I flinch.

"I-I'm Niall. I c-came to deliver your pizza" I grab the pizza box from the floor and hold it out to him.

"I didn't order a pizza" he shouts and snatches the box from me. He throws it away in anger. The box opens as it's flying through the room and the pizza flies out. The food hits the wall, leaving a print of tomato and cheese.

My eyes widen and I step back slowly. "I-I think I going to-"

"No you're not" the man cuts me in. "You need to tell me"

"Tell you what?"

"Did you see two lads? They're your age" the man caresses a hand through his hair in frustration. "They were in a rush, scared. Did you see them?"

I bite the inside of my cheek to pretend to be thinking. "Nope. Not that I remember, Sir"

The man's eyes grow darker as he walks closer to me. A lump appears in my throat.

"You really didn't see anything? Nothing that seemed strange to you?"

I can smell his breath since his face is not far from mine. He smells like beer and cigarettes, mixed with something like a dead animal. This man is not okay. I don't know what it is, but I just don't like him. Something just isn't right.

"No" I say, trying to sound brave, but my voice betrays me. I sound nervous as hell. The man grabs me by my collar and lifts me off the ground. I don't know what to do. "I did see a car speed down the road, though. It almost ran over my toes. The car came from this direction"

The man groans and lets go of me. I adjust my shirt and walk over to grab my cap. I put it on, hiding most of my blond hair. I'm also very proud of this cap so I don't want to lose it. A slice of pizza is printed on the front along with the name of the company I work for. I probably look like an idiot wearing it, but I like it.

"I need your phone" The dark voice speaks again. I sigh. Can't this man just leave me alone? "Hand me your phone now!" I search my pockets and hand him my phone with a shaking hand. "911? Hello, this is Jack Cox"

I pinch myself to somehow help myself to remember the name.

Jack Cox.

"I want to report two missing boys. I came to visit them, but when I arrived at their house, the door was kicked in and things are broken. The house is empty now" 'Jack' shoots me a look as I look at him in confusion. "They must have been kidnaped"