Chapter Nine

------

Chapter Nine

------

I groan as light peeks through the curtains and blinds my eyes. I don't want to wake up yet. Our first night in the house was amazing. Harry and me sat on the balcony, just watching the city turn from day to night. After that, we both took a shower and went to bed. It was also really good to finally be alone. And of course, we've taken advantage of that. I'd been teasing Harry all night until he just couldn't take it anymore. He'd practically pushed me on the bed and pinned my arms down. I knew he was going to make me regret teasing him.

So after great sex, it was time for us to sleep. -In an actual bed this time.- I never thought I could miss a soft bed so much. Our bed in the house is extremely soft, warm and cosy. So I was not surprised Harry had drifted off to sleep so fast. I couldn't sleep, though. I've wasted half the night worrying about the money we've spent. I feel guilty because Harry wanted to save it, whilst I spend it on the hotel, dinner and ice cream. We barely have money left now...

I turn to lie on my side. I'm facing Harry, but my angel is still asleep. His long eyelashes rest on his cheeks. His lips are slightly parted and soft breaths leave them. His messy curls are sprawled all over the pillow. The sheets cover only half of his breathtaking body, leaving his bare torso exposed. I trace the lines of his bird tattoo with my fingers for a while.

I place a kiss on Harry's cheek and then roll myself out of bed. I put on some clothes and wash my face. I brush my teeth and quickly fix my hair. I grab my shoes from the floor and look at my sleeping angel one more time before I walk out.

Not very much later, I make my way down the unfamiliar street. Every person seems to greet me with a heart warming smile. Just like the days before.

It's nice to have people actually noticing you.

After a little while of walking, I finally spot the bakery I saw in a flash yesterday. I feel a smile creep onto my face as I step inside. The scent of freshly baked bread fills my nostrils and I smile even wider at the cute atmosphere the shop has. I see an old lady open up a big oven and take something out of it. She places it on the counter and looks up at me. A big smile appears on her face.

"Olá senhor" she speaks as she walks closer.

"Hello," I smile. "Can you speak English?" I hold out my hand for her to shake.

She takes it before she answers. "A little bit, I'll try" The old lady is incredibly cute. Her grey hair is tugged in a bun and her slightly chubby body wears a purple dress. It fits her rather nice, though. The socks she wears are tugged up to knee height. Her dress covers up anything that is higher. The old, black shoes she's wearing make noise on the wooden floor as she walks. Her wrinkled face still holds the smile and her big brown eyes stare deep into my blue ones. "Where can I help you with, bebê?"

"Can I have some bread, please?" I continue to scan the counter. "Oh, and these look delicious! Can I have two of them as well, please?"

The lady nods as she puts some of the bread in a bag. She then takes the two pieces of what looks like cream pie and transfers them into a little paper box. "We call these 'Tarte de Natas'. I'm pretty sure you'll like them" she explains once she sees my curious look. I flash her a bright smile and she hands me the bags.

"Thank you, love," I say as I hand her the money. "I will definitely let you know if I liked them"

The lady smiles in return. "Well, I'll see you later then"

"Yes, you will" I raise my free hand to wave goodbye.

"Tchau" I hear her say behind me.

------