Chapter Eight

------

Chapter eight

------

Not even an hour ago, Louis and me were sat at Tom's office. Both our faces held big smirks as Tom handed us the key. The key was silver and small, but to me it felt massive and if it were gold. It's not only the key to our new home, it's also a key to happiness, a new life, and a fresh start. Holding the key felt safe.

Now Louis and I are standing in front of our house. It's hard to believe it's actually ours now. 

I feel a cool breeze on my skin. It's nice. It makes the hot weather bearable. 

Louis' eyes are big as he watches the house. I take his hand in mine and squeeze it. 

The house is absolutely stunning. It's not quite big, but it's far from small as well. It's just perfect. 

The upper part of our house is a white colour, whilst the lower part is a mixture of grey and blue. Our door looks dark brown. Many windows brighten the building. We've also got a small balcony above our garden and it looks amazing. Hopefully, the view it gives will be too. Some bushes with pink and purple flowers in them surround the house. A path leads to our front door.

My feet start to walk and I pull Louis with me.

A big sigh escapes Louis' lips. I can tell he feels nervous. I am too. I'm not ready to see what the inside of our house looks like. We also still have to paint every single room and furnish the entire place. We both haven't seen the actual inside of the house yet. Only a few pictures online and some which Tom had taken for us.

I pull Louis in for a cuddle. He needs it just as much as I do.

"Louis" I whisper in his neck before I pull away and look at him. "My heart is beating really fast right now" I confess. He smiles at me and I decide to confess even more. "Today I feel like my heart isn't beating for you only, but also for this house. This is our new start. You're just as nervous as I am, but I know we'll be fine" I smile, but inside I'm cringing at how cheesy I sound.

I just stare at my curved boyfriend for a while. Louis is the man I fell in love with. And today we will be officially moving in together.

I will never let go of Louis.

"Let's open the door, love" Louis speaks up as he swallows the lump in his throat. I nod slowly.

Louis' hand is trembling as he moves the key towards the keyhole. He slips it in and turn it around. I hear the door click and I watch it separate from the outside wall. We peek our heads in at the same time, curiously scanning the inside. My mouth falls open at the sight and I hear Louis suitcases drop on the hard floor. My eyes start to water and Louis is already crying.

Apparently, life is full of surprises.

I expected the walls to look cold and unpainted. Instead, the wall is painted a warm broken-white colour. I thought the floor would look quite the same, but a light brown carpet covers the entire floor. I can see the kitchen through a cute, little doorway behind our living room. The floor over there is covered in blue and white patterned tiles. 

Our living room should be empty, but two sofa's stand in the middle of the room. I recognise them as the couches we ordered back in England. Our telly hangs up against the wall opposite from the couches and below the device stands a little saloon table. There's also a chair filling the living room space. All seats are covered with blankets and pillows, creating a cozy look. A fan is up on the ceiling and a few paintings cover the walls. To my surprise, there are even some pictures of Louis and me. A few plants decorate the rest of the room along with a few lamps. I also discover a bookshelf with all of Louis' favourite books.

We didn't expect to see anything else but an empty house. Instead, our house is nearly finished.

Louis sinks to his knees. He's sitting in the doorway, covering his face with his hands.

"It's beautiful" he cries softly. "Who did this?"

I sink down next to Louis and put an arm around his fragile body. I rest my head on his shoulder. "I don't know" I whisper. "But it's beyond amazing" I feel a tear roll down my cheek as well.

------

For a while me and Louis have just been walking around the house, exploring every single room. All our stuff is here. Not only the furniture we bought back in London but also our own luggage like our clothes, books, sheets, pillows and every other thing you could possibly think of. There's also curtains, pictures and even our fridge is filled with food. 

No matter who did this, that person is my new hero. 

Even our balcony looks finished. It has chairs and a barbeque and all that stuff.

Everything looks amazing.

"You should call Tom" I tell Louis as we both arrive back in the living room after our little exploring.

"Yeah," Louis answers as he searches his pocket for his phone. "Good idea" he mumbles. He puts his phone on speaker and walks closer to me.

"Olá, Lou!" Tom jokes after a few rings.

"Hi, Tom" Louis says while shaking his head at Tom's bad humor.

I can't help myself but to go along with his joke, though.

"Bonjour, Tom!" I yell back at him through the phone. I'm practically climbing on top of Louis to get near the device.

"Bonjour is French you idiot" Louis whisper yells.

I pout and step away, but Louis laughs and pulls me back.

"What do you think of the house?" Tom asks, immediately getting back my attention.

"It amazing!" I cheer, again climbing on top of Louis like a koala.

"Yeah, it is" Louis agrees. "But I don't know if we should be happy or scared" he starts and I hear Tom clear his throat. "The house is already finished. I-I mean, it's all painted and furnished and stuff"

"Oh yes!" Tom laughs. "I did that"

Tom sounds like it's the most normal thing in the world. But he leaves me speechless.

"W-what? Why?" Louis asks in disbelieve.

"Because you two deserve it. I mean, you have been through so much. This was the least I could do"

"Wow, Tom, I don't even know how to thank you! You didn't have to do that!" Louis says, stunned.

"You don't have to thank me, buddy. Don't worry about it. It's fine"

After a thousand thank you's, the phone call ends. We can never repay Tom. This is the nicest thing someone has ever done for us. The last thing I expected was the house to be done and look so amazing. Really, it's breathtaking. Tom's the best house seller in the world. And the best friend we could've ever asked for.

A/N: Who else loves Tom?

Vote and comment pretty pleaseeee?