Chapter Twenty-one

------

Chapter Twenty-One

------

Harry's POV

So here I am, sitting on a not very comfortable chair in a cafe in our neighbourhood waiting for my mother. I told her to meet us here, because I don't want to give her our home address yet. I need to know for sure I can trust her before I let her into my only save haven. All though Louis is more like a save haven to me than our house.

I'm nervously fiddling with my fingers at the moment and bouncing my leg up and down repeatedly. But then suddenly, a warm hand grabs a hold of my knee, making me stop bouncing.

For a moment, I think it's my mom and my heart stops. But then I see a tattoo on the wrist and recognise it as Louis'. I let out the breath I was holding.

I'm glad Louis is here with me. I don't think I would've dared to sit here waiting for that woman alone.

"Don't be nervous, love" Louis says and takes my hand in his'. "You'll be fine and I'm right here. I won't leave this chair" He smiles and pats the armrests of his chair.

I smile back. I love him so much. We've been through a lot already, but my love for him has only grown stronger. All that has happened over the years made me realise how much I need Louis, but mostly, how much I want him. I want him to be next to me, I want him to cuddle up to and I want to share the rest of my life with him. Yea, I do. I care so much about this petite lad and I want him to be happy. I hope I can make him now that Jack's locked up and we don't need to escape anymore. And if my mom dumps Jack, he's out of our lives forever.

I still need to face my mom for that to happen, though. And I'm scared. The last time I saw my mom, she couldn't even bring herself to look at me. She was too ashamed because I am gay. She was disgusted by me because I had fallen in love with a boy. I'm just terrified now that even today she won't look at me. Or that she'll still be disgusted with me. And that she'll still despise Louis and give him death glares like she always used to do.

It amazes me that Louis actually came along with me today. Of course, he just wants to be there for me, but he can't stand my mother. He seems so relaxed and fearless, waiting in that chair. It's almost as if he's not waiting for the woman who destroyed our lives. I almost envy Louis for being this confident right now.

On the other hand, I don't even know if I can bring myself to look at my mother. She's put Louis and I through so much and this whole thing is partly her fault. I know it's a bit dramatic, but it's technically also her fault she got Niall, Zayn, Liam, Gloria and Noah into trouble. If she'd never started seeing Jack, none of this would've happened. Although, if she hadn't, I would've never met the boys, Gloria and got to take care of Noah.

My mom insulted me for years, locked me in my room to keep me away from the one I love, she gave Jack permission to beat me up whenever he felt like it and sometimes she even abused me herself. Gemma just sat in her room crying. I know she wanted to stand up for me, but she just couldn't. I also know she wanted me to stay with her instead of leaving the house, but I couldn't. I had to go. I mostly went to Louis' house and had him and his mom take care of my injuries. I always felt so embarrassed for showing up there with my face all damaged, again. It's just that I had nowhere else to go. Gemma felt powerless and she loved me, I know, but she wasn't allowed to by my mom and Jack. They threatened her too. But it didn't keep Gemma from seeing me, though. Gemma was the only reason for me to come back home at night after I hid at Louis' place. I would sneak into Gem's room and we would laugh and cuddle and secretly watch movies together, praying that Jack and my mom wouldn't hear. Our favourite movies to watch were movies with shirtless, hot guys in them. We would grade them and eventually choose a winner. It was always a lot of fun. Gemma's that kind of girl to just be yourself with and have a laugh. She's nothing like my mother.