Chapter Twenty-Two

------

Chapter Twenty-Two

------

Anne's POV

"Why hello, darling," Jack says, smirking. His voice disgusts me. "What are you doing here, love?"

"Shut up," I say harshly. I don't care anymore, I'm not afraid. This needs to end.

"Well, well.. Bad day?" he sounds so innocent, but he's totally faking it. I can't believe I ever fell for him.

"Jack," I say after a deep breath. "I'm here to end this. It's over. We're over. I want you out of my life and out of my children's life too. That means you leave Louis alone as well. You lost" I say, surprising myself by my confident words.

"Oh, sweet little Anne... You know what I'm forced to do then, don't you? Shall I tell them right now? Considering we're already at the police station," Jack's smirk grows bigger and his eyes burn on mine.

"Do whatever you want, Jack" I spit. "I don't care anymore. It'll bring Harry back to me and that's all I care about," I straighten my back and I smile to myself as I see Jack's smirk fade away.

"Do you even hear what you're saying?" he asks angrily. "I will turn you in. They'll arrest you for murder,"

"No, they won't. It wasn't a murder. It was an accident"

Jack shakes his head in disbelieve and anger. Am I seriously winning? I have to. I need to get this asshole out of my life. 29 years ago, Jack was the most loving man I had ever met. He was so caring and kind. I don't even know what he's done to himself to become this heartless, hating man. I feel kind of sorry for him.

"I will ruin your life if you leave me now," he says through gritted teeth.

I only laugh. "Do whatever makes you happy, Jacky-bear," his eyes fill with more rage and I can't help but smirk myself this time. "Turn me in. I don't care. But we are over,"

I stand up and turn away. I head for the door and walk out. Jack yells something after me, but I don't listen. My heart is beating in my throat. I can't believe that I just told Jack to turn me in. I wonder if he's really going to. But I don't care at this point. I feel free.

I get into a cab, ready to go back to the hotel I'm staying at. I need a drink.

\(^^)/\(^^)/\(^^)/\(^^)/

Louis' POV

The music is on way too loud, making it almost impossible to make out who's laughing. The boys are here with us and we're having some pizza. We need to keep the music down though because Noah is upstairs, sleeping.

It's early in the afternoon and all the fuss with Anne seems to have lifted off a little.

Harry and I are giggling like two little school girls as we're sharing a slice of pizza. We're on the couch together, Harry practically on my lap. Zayn and Liam are placed on the couch opposite from us. They made a bet who could finish their entire pizza first. I'm sure one of them is going to throw up. But they get along very well and I'm glad.

Though, I feel a little bad for Niall... He's sat on the floor in between the couches. He has got his pizza box on his lap, his arms on each side as if he's protecting it, afraid someone steals a piece. Food is everything for Niall.

Niall is an amazing friend, but what makes it even better is that he works as a pizza deliverer. He can (secretly) get us all the pizza we want! He's risking his job, but it's worth it, he says.

The boys come over quite a lot actually. They help us out a lot with Noah and it's nice to have them around.

I wish I could be in this moment forever, but I need to fix something. I'm nervous and scared, but I have to do this. No more delaying.