Chapter 19

Samantha

Fireworks were set off and all the kids were here. The lights were on and we enjoyed it. I watched my brother get carried down the stairs and to the 'stage'. I stood with Mal and Evie. They were showing off with their singing.

"Ohayohay, hey!" Everyone cheered.

"Kings and queens, it's our time to ride. Write the book, the story of our lives. This is us taking back the night," Ben sang.

"Break the spell, we were born this way. Be yourself, forget the DNA. Everybody raise your hands and say," Mal sang, then clapped her hands as we said, "Ohayohay, hey!"

"Sound the alarm, get on your feet. Let's set it off and rock this beat. Dance till your heart is wild and free," I sang and saw Carlos not on stage.

"Feeling the power, let it all out. Like what you see in the mirror, shout. We got the keys, the kingdoms ours," Evie sang, dancing with Doug. They worked and I was so proud. I ran off the stage to find Carlos since I lost him.

"You two get up there!" I shouted over the music to Aaron and Meredith. They were just standing off the side, holding hands.

"Let's set it off, oh yeah. Start a chain reaction, never let it stop. Let's set it off, oh yeah. You can make it happen with everything you got. Let's set it off! Set it off,  we got to set it off. Get ready, set it off," I heard my best friends sing on stage.

"Yo, it's time to set this thing off. Let's make it happen now, I'ma make my own future, ignore all the rumors. Show 'em how passion sounds," I was confused on who was singing now, so I looked and saw Carlos and Jay on the bench with Jane. My smile grew as I saw them trying to make her feel better and dance. Rachel was nowhere to be found, so I'm guessing her and Jay didn't work like I wanted but that's alright.

"They all told me I should back down. Judging me cause of my background. Thinking about changing my path now. Nah, I ain't going out like that," the two boys high fived as Carlos ran on stage with Jane. I admit I was a little jealous. Jay saw me and offered his hand.

"You wanna dance or not?" He asked, and I was gonna grab it until I saw Audrey walking behind him. She grabbed his arm, pulling up.

"Go ahead," I edged him on and smiled as he and Audrey dancing.

"Let's set it off! Oh yeah. Start a chain reaction, never let it stop. Let's set it off! Oh yeah. You can make it happen with everything you got," I watched everyone up there, enjoying themselves and I smiled. This was all I had wanted the pass few days. For everyone to be happy.

"Let's go! We are gonna miss the whole song," My head shoots to who is screaming in my ear. Rachel! She drags me up to the stage and I laugh.

"Glad you could make it!" I said to her, while we were dancing in circles of four.

"Let's set it off! Set it off. We got to set it off. Get ready, set it off. Ohayohay, hey!" Then Ben and Mal walked to the stairs and it looks like they're gonna kiss, but then the bass line comes in and we all are dancing, more complicated than before.

"Let's set it off! Oh yeah. Start a chain reaction, never let it stop. Let's set it off! Oh yeah. You can make it happen with everything you got! Let's set it off! Get ready, set it off. We've got to set it off. Get ready, set it off. We got to set it off!" All of us bow as Mal and Ben kiss from above us. Everyone cheers and I look around for Carlos.

"Sam," I turn to Rachel, "Go get him," I smiled at her and hugged her before rushing through people to find him. The song continued but I didn't sing.

"Samantha!" I turn around and my lips and nose were smashed into. I open my eyes and see the white hair that I've grown to adore. I adjusted my face and placed my hands on his face. Pulling away, he opens his eyes.

"I love you, Carlos," His white teeth show and he kisses me again.

"I love you too," He says and I hear the fireworks going off as I hug him. At first I didn't believe this would ever happen.  Especially with a villain kid. However, Carlos was probably the best one to fall in love with because, he never did much on the badness scale. Either way, it happened, Once Upon A Change.

GUYS ITS THE END AND I CANT EVEN UGHHHHHHH TEARSSSSS! I love you guys for getting this story to so many reads and enjoying this book. I apologize for skipping so many updates and taking so long. I'm quite proud with how this turned out. Thank you all!