Chapter 4

Samantha

I walked into a room with a few tables, windows and a chalkboard at the front. Fairy Godmother was standing at the podium reading something.

"Oh thank goodness Samantha! The class starts in a few minutes. Could you write down these questions and answer choices for me? I have to go to one of the labs. Something exploded." She shoved some papers at me then rushed off without me responding. I threw my bag on the floor and grabbed a piece of chalk.

I was in the middle of writing the second question when a voice startled me. "Are you the teacher?" I jumped, throwing the chalk somewhere and turned around. It was Carlos. He took a seat before crossing his arms.

"You could say that. And thanks for that heart attack by the way!" I said looking around on the floor for the chalk. "What are you doing here anyway? Class doesn't start for a couple more minutes," I picked up the piece and continued writing in the board.

"Eh, decided to get here early and get away from all of the other kids here. All they do is complain about how evil we are," he huffed and I sighed. Guess I'm not the only one who has a reputation.

"Oh," I turned back around to face him, "I know how you feel. Not that I get call evil, but I'm talked about a lot or ignored. We aren't really the good ones I guess," I looked down and finished the last answer choice.

No words were exchanged between Carlos and I for the next few minutes. The bell rung and Fairy Godmother rushed inside, grabbing the pointer. Following her were the other three kids in this class. Which, by the way, isn't even a real class but whatever.

"Hello class! This is Remedial Goodness Class and we are going to answer a few question. Hopefully you pick the right answer." I rolled my eyes and stood at the podium with my chin in my palm. I watched as the kids weren't really paying attention and if they were, they didn't show it.

"If someone hands you a crying baby, do you- A, curse it? B, lock it in a tower? C, give it a bottle? Or D, carve out its heart?" Evie raised her hand and Fairy godmother pointed at her.

"What was the second one again?" I face-palmed. They're doomed! Carlos and Jay just looked at each other confused and Mal was drawing something.

"Mal?" Fairy Godmother chose her.

"Uh C, give it a bottle." She lightly smiled, well it was a bit fake but her voice was soft.

"Correct, again." Mal was the least bit interested in this as was I. I don't even know why I am here. All I did was write words on the board and stand there.

I heard Carlos say to Mal, "Dang, you are on fire, girl!" And she rolled her eyes as if it was obvious.

"I just picked the one that didn't sound any fun," Jay, Evie and Carlos all 'oh!' Finally understanding, sort of.

Jane walked in screeching as she passed the row of villain kids, with a paper clutched to her chest. I literally cannot stand her! I let my head fall and hit the podium. This was so boring! Jane asked her mom to sign something, then her mom introduced her and blah, blah, blah.

"Fairy Godmother, may I leave? I have some cheerleading stuff to take care of." I lied partially, looking at her. I had to go stretch for cheer but I obviously was just here so she wouldn't be alone with them. She nodded slowly, glancing at the kids as her daughter walked away, screeching again.

"Why of course, dear! I'll see you here tomorrow," I shook my head, picking up my bag. I walked down the aisle and waved at the kids. Jay held out a fist bump and I gave him one. Carlos leaned back so it wasn't completely in his face and I laughed, messing up his hair.

"Bye guys! I'll see you later!" I made my way down the hall and to the locker room.

Sorry I didn't update earlier today but I'm going to sleep after one more chapter!