Chapter 7

Samantha

"I am going to be straight forward and just ask you," I took a deep breath, "Was it you and the others at the museum when the alarm went off?" I looked down at the ground, afraid he would get mad at me for accusing him.

"No," he stretched it out a bit, "why?" I didn't want to explain to him that i was eavesdropping on Mal and then assuming it was them. He would get mad and think that i don't trust him when i do.

Again, i took a deep breath and told him what happened, "Well, i was in the bathroom after cheer-leading practice and doing my business, when Jane and Mal walked in. Mal kept asking Jane questions and mentioned the wand to her several times. I was trying to tune it out because it wasn't my business but then she did a spell and changed Jane's hair then convince Jane to ask her mom to use the wand. Then i started to put together why she asked about it constantly. Also the museum alarm and i just was worried that maybe you all wanted it," I paused and right before he was about to say something, i cut him off.

"I know, it was wrong to eavesdrop and wrong to assume and accuse but i wanted to ask you to see if i was just being crazy or was right." My voice got quieter and the speed of the words flying out of my mouth slowed down.

"Sam, i really cant believe that, you assumed that." The weird thing was he said it calmly. "Just because we are the kids of villains doesn't mean we are responsible for things that go bad!" This time he stood up with Dude in his arms, quite angry.

"No, Carlos, you don't understand. I just came to ask you and make sure I could trust you. I wasn't completely blaming you. Please Carlos, I'm sorry," I stood up, pleading to him. He shook his head.

"Look Samantha, we can't be friends if you can't trust me. We are different. You're a princess, I'm the villain kid. We aren't compatible, so I think it's better we just stay away from each other." He wouldn't look me in the eyes but I felt horrible. I wanted to ask him for forgiveness and not to let him do this. But my mouth, my body, nothing made a move to stop him. I opened my mouth and nothing came out.

Carlos turned and then walked away, down the path he ran up not too long ago. By the time I could barely see him, I shouted, "Carlos! Wait! Please!" I felt the tears about to fall. He didn't want to see me. He wanted me to stay away. How could I? I teach goodness class, I cheerlead while he plays tourney, Ben and I are showing them around and helping them. All I ever do is see him.

I felt the tears run down my cheeks, dripping onto my chest. Wiping them away, I walk down the path, hoping that Carlos and my brother were gone by now. Walking out into the clearing, I still see Ben helping Carlos with sprints and Dude running around with them. It was a happy sight, other than the fact that Carlos didn't like me. He was mad at me and I couldn't do anything to change it.

Making see to keep my head down, I quickly walk back into the school to grab my stuff and head to my room.

I think I am gonna have the next chapter be in Carlos' point of view so you know why he was so mad at Sam! Thank you all once again for being patient and very active with this story. High School is very stressful and important. But I love you guys a lot! Thank you!