Chapter 7

I opened the door to my apartment and saw the man I haven't seen in almost three years ' Matt' I thought. Tears started coming down my face when I saw his face. " winter" he said softly I kept on crying ' this can't be real this can't be he left' I thought. I felt arms wrap around me I heard him say " I'm sorry. I'm so sorry winter" I hugged him tightly like I thought he would disappear at any moment. " Matt.... w-why did you...leave" I said " I- I had to I was going to join the Kira case with mello I didn't want to see you be killed I would have never been able to forgive myself if you were killed" he said.

He then lifted up my face to see his he wiped away the tears on my face. " I'm sorry Winter I never wanted to leave you I still love you winter" he said

After a while of standing we sit down on the couch I was still hugging him " I love you to Matt" I whisper. He lifts my chin up and he quickly kisses me I kiss back and then break the kiss. " I could have come with you I was perfectly able to protect myself I would have helped" I say " I know I just didn't want you to get hurt you are to important to me " he said. I became sleepy from all the crying and fell asleep in his arms.

Whisper's dream

Everything was black. Pitch black. I looked around there was no one around until I saw a figure in the distance I ran towards the person. When I was close enough I saw who it was it was Matt. " Matt!" I said as I ran up and hugged him he didn't say anything. Then  you were pushed to the ground " Matt?" I ask.  He starts walking around me " did you really think I loved you?" He asked "  you were nothing more than a girl I knew at Whammy's" he said again tears started to come down my face.

    He then pulled a gun out he looked at me and smiled he then aimed the gun at me that's when I heard a gun shot and then another. I felt a horrible pain in my arm and side blood started to soak my clothes with the sticky crimson liquid. My vision started to become blurry and I saw Matt walk towards me he lifted my chin up so I was facing him " goodbye Winter" he said and the last thing I heard was a gunshot right where my heart was.

End of dream

   I woke up my face was wet from the tears that came down my face. I realized I was in my room.I got up to go get some water my hands were shaking from the horrible nightmare. I walked into the living room of my apartment I looked around the room ' maybe Matt never came it was all just one horrible nightmare' I thought I saw something on the couch I cautiously walked over to see a sleeping Matt on the couch ' so him coming here wasn't a dream' I thought I got some water from the kitchen sink and sat down on the couch I turned on the TV but kept it at a low volume so Matt could sleep. He moved around in his sleep so his head was on my lap I blushed a little. After a while of watching TV I heard someone speak " winter what are you doing up this early?" Matt asked " I don't know I just wake up this early" I say I run my fingers through his brown/ red hair.

  A while later I made breakfast for the both of us. " so where's Mello?" I ask " he's back at the hideout he thought I wouldn't find you. Oh and he told me to tell you that he said hi if I did" he said. " oh I'm going to be late if you see mello again tell him I said hi and if you need to come back here's the keys" I say handing him a spare key to the apartment " I will see you later Matt" I say hugging him and giving him a quick kiss then I walked out of the door.

This was a kind of weird chapter and weird ending.