Chapter 11

I felt a sharp pain I looked up and saw a group of at least three or four guys I got Matt up and started running I ignored the pain in my side. A few minutes of running I couldn't take the pain anymore we hid behind some boxes I put my hand to my side feeling a warm sticky substance I looked I realized I've been shot ' I couldn't let Matt get shot so I got hit instead' I thought " winter!? WINTER!! " I heard Matt say " M-Matt.... You... Ha-have to go... R-run away from... Here" I say " I can't leave you here to bleed out!!" He said " come on I will help you we can make it to the apartment" he said " no I'm just... D-dead weight...Go o-on without me pl-please Matt" I  said I saw that he had tears coming down his face " no I any leave you I can't live in a world without you!" He said " Matt... Please p-promise me that you- you will run as fast as you can....out of here and don't come back... I d-don't want to see you get killed" I said " Matt please leave I will be... Fine" I said he nodded " thank you"I said he started running.

- Matt's POV-

    The one time I don't have my gun with me THE ONE TIME she gets hurt I need to get mello I have to help Winter please be ok please. I ran to the apartment once I enter I fall to the ground " Matt are you ok? Wait where's Winter!?" He said getting up " she's been shot she told me to run" i said I was still crying. " come one Matt we are going to get her lets go" he said helping me up. We get to the car and drive to get Winter back.

   - Whisper's POV-

    I was bleeding out fast I look around to see if the coast is clear I get up trying to get through the pain I limp and try to get the attention  of a car fortunately I do. " p-please help I-I've been shot!" I say they let me in and drive to the hospital.

- Matt's POV-

I drive to the spot whee I last saw her. There was a trail of blood leading to the road she was nowhere to be seen I put my head in my hands ' it's all my fault' I think over and over again. " I'm sorry Matt I really am let's try finding her tomorrow " he said " you don't understand she's been shot she will be dead by tomorrow!!!" I yelled " come on Matt she's smart she would've figured something out let's go" he said " fine " I said driving home. I locked myself in Winter's room ever since we got home Mello has tried many times to get me out of the room I just want to stay here. I don't even want to play video games right now! ' it's all my fault how could I just leave her there she's probably dead now because of me I loved her so much and now she's gone forever' I think to myself.

- the next three days-
- Mello's POV-

Matt has locked himself in Winter's room and hasn't come out to do anything he hasn't even played video games since we came home that night. I walk to the room he was in I bang on the door " come on Matt get out of her room before I break down the door!" I yell " no" he says " I swear Matt" I say then I hear the phone ring " I will answer the phone you better be out of the room when I come back!" I say. I pick up the phone " hello?..... Yeah we know her. She's what!??! She's alive!!?! Oh thank you we will be there" I say I run to the room whee Matt was " Matt it's the hospital! They say Winter is alive!" I say then Matt runs out of the door and we both get in the car. We drive to the hospital I go to the front counter ' she probably used her other alias she's using for the case' I think " can I help you?" The lady at the front asks " uh yes we are looking for a girl named Rin" I say " are you friend or family?" She asks " friend" I say " ok she's in room 105" she says " thanks" I say

    Me and Matt take the elevator we walk through the halls and find room 105 I knock then enter I see Winter there in the hospital bed looking out the window. " hey Winter " I say

- Whisper's POV-

I heard the door open and here someone talk " hey Winter" they said. I turn to see them I smile " hi mello hi Matt" I say I look at Matt. He runs over to me and gently hugs me " I thought you were dead " he whispers " I'm sorry  Matt" I say. " so what's the story behind you being here?" Mello asks " well Matt and I were walking and I heard footsteps then a clicking noise I pushed Matt out of the way and got hit so it was originally supposed to hit him" I say " did you talk to L about this?" He asks " yeah he visited a day ago so he knows I won't be able to be in the case for the next two days " I say sighing " at least your alive and that all that matters right now" Matt says.

- a couple days later-
- whisper's POV-

  I was able to leave the hospital now and join back in the Kira case I still had to had a bandage around me so I had to be careful. Matt drove me to HQ today I thanked him as quickly kissed him and walked in I saw the others look at me ' I guess they were told what happened' I think I sit in my normal seat ' hmm where's that shinigami?' I think " do you know. Where that Shinigami is?" I ask L " no rem has been gone for a few days we found a pile of ash with Rem's death note in it so we are guessing Rem is dead" he said ( sorry I just don't want L to die he's my favorite I just don't want him to die in this book) " oh ok then " I say I sit down I then notice Light doesn't seem to happy " are you ok Light?" I ask " yeah I'm fine" he said " Mr. Yagami please take over while Rin and I are gone we have a meeting we will be gone for two or three days " L says L and I walk out of the building and get into a car " L who are you talking about who are we meeting?" I ask " you will see we will be taking a plane. We get to the airport and go on the plane.

I texted Matt and Mello that I will be gone for a few days. A few hours later we take another car to a building we walk inside and enter a large room with a couple of people in it then in the middle of the room I saw a familiar white haired boy. " L and Whisper I'm glad you could make it" he said turning around looking at us. " Near will be working with is during the case " L said