Chapter 18

It was the next day I woke up early in the morning like I usually do I then saw Matt sleeping next to me his arms wrapped around my waste. He looked so cute while he's asleep so I poked his nose and surprisingly he didn't wake up he made an adorable face and pulled my closer to him. " you know I know you poked me" he said opening his eyes to look at me I smiled and got out of bed and went to the kitchen to eat some candy I saw Mello was knocked out on the couch I laughed a little. I got a bag of candy and I say on the floor in front of the TV so I wouldn't wake up Mello.

I turned to the news it said that the Kira case was finally solved. I then remembered that today was the day that Matt needed to talk to me about something he didn't say what so I was kind of worried about it thinking maybe he and Mello would leave and I couldn't see them again.

- a few hours later-

" hey Winter you want to go out now?" Matt asked " uh yeah sure" I said. It was around 6 or 7 so the sun was setting now. We walked to a park with a good sized lake in the middle of it an it was surrounded by nice green trees.

We walked around the lake but I then realize Matt stopped walking and his eyes met mine. I walked over to him " hey Matt are you ok?" I asked " yeah I'm fine I was just thinking for a second" he said " ok then" I said and started to walk again only to be stopped by someone holding my hand I looked back and that that person was Matt " uh Matt?" I ask.

He then holds both of my hands while I just stare at him ' what was he doing?' I thought " uh Winter I have wanted to ask you this question after the case was finished and that's why I brought you here... I have loved ever since the first day we met back at Whammy's you were so nice and funny I was depressed when I had to leave you I thought I would never see you again but I did and I still love you a lot I will never stop loving you and I want to be with you all the time" he said and I started to blush a lot and then he continued by pulling out a small black box and getting down on one knee " so Winter would you please marry me?" He asked.

I got so happy and I smiled " yes!" I smiled like a crazy person think I get to spend the rest of my life with my best friend. I hugged him tightly I didn't think he could breathe and he smiled and hugged me " I love you so much Winter " he said "I love you to Matt" I said back.

What a great way to end a case.

So this is the end of the book I really liked writing the book it was so fun and I loved how none of my favorite characters died in the book.