Chapter 17

It was the day that Near's plan took place Mello, L, Matt, and I drove to the location that Near said the meeting would take place. We got there and were greeted by SPK members and then Near wearing an L mask. " Near" L said " Hello L, Whisper, Matt, Mello" he greeted us. " Whisper and Matt you will be hidden in the shadows so no one can see you, you will be right there at the top of the stairs and you will be given a gun just in case something goes wrong" he said one of the members handed both of us a gun then Near continued to talk " L and Mello will be standing next to me " Near said.

I looked at Mello he still didn't seem to excited about working with Near but he just had to deal with it.

It was about time for the Task Force members to come to the where house so Matt and I when to the spot where we were assigned to and waited.

The door opened and I saw all of the Task Force Members standing there looking at Near. He then explained that we had to wait thirty minutes before he could take off his mask then explained that all of the names of the members of the SPK and Task Force except for one.

Thirty minutes past and Near took his mask of and smiled then he started to speak " the current holder of the death note possibly has the Shinigami eyes and can see all our names he will peak through that door and write all our names down except for one when he does that just pretend that you don't notice" he said then one of the HQ members spoke up " but if we do that then we will all die!!" He yelled " no one will die" Near said.

We waited and then we heard a door creak open I knew it had to be Mikami. Then light suddenly spoke " hey are you done writing?" He asked and Mikami answered " yes I am" he said " then can you please come out you have written down all our names so we would die anyway" near said. Then the man opened the door and it was Mikami.

" how many seconds has it been since you wrote down our names?" Light asked " 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40!" Mikami said " well Near it looks like I win" like said. I stood there silently as I pointed the gun at Light Yagami or should I say Kira.

Nothing happened everyone looked at Light but Light looked shocked and so did Mikami. " Whisper, Matt you can come out now" Near said. We then walked down the stairs and showed ourselves. The task force members and Light looked shocked to see me stand next to Near with Matt.

" Light Yagami you are Kira" Near said " no this whole thing is a set up this is all apart of Near's plan to frame me didn't you see that no one died after having their names written in the death note see this proves it a trap!!!" light yelled Matt and I had our guns pointed at Light. " didn't I tell you that no one was going to die? I altered the death note along with the real one this is the actual death note" he said pulling the black notebook out " and since I touched the death note I can also see the Shinigami.. Hello mister Shinigami I'm Near " he said I heard Ryuk say his name.

One of the HQ members tried to put light in handcuffs but he freaked out and ran to the wall. Then he started to laugh really weirdly " yes that's right I am Kira but what are you going to do shoot me right here is that the best decision? Kira has become law in this world we live in now... The only one who could create a new world... Is me" he said the task force members stared at him in shock " no your just a murderer and this notebook is the greatest weapon of mass murder in the history of mankind" Near said.

" near only I know where the real notebook is so you will have to write down either my name or Mikami's to see if it's real.. or fake!!" He then got a part of the death note out of his watch and started to write Near's name down I was about to shoot him but. Matsuda did before I could " MATSUDA YOU IDIOT WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOUR SHOOTING AT DONT SCREW WITH ME!!' Light yelled but then used his blood to start writing again " his blood " on of them yelled and Matsuda shot him again a few times and Light fell to the ground " where are you Misa where's Takada!" He said moving around in pain.

Near was then given the piece of the death note that had blood on it " I bet you used this to your advantage Light Yagami" he said then I heard a scream coming from Mikami that had blood coming from his chest. " it's already to late he will die any second now " one of the SPK members said I turned my head to see that Light was trying to escape " Light!" The HQ members said and ran after him but was stopped by Near " with the injuries he has he won't make it that far" Near stopped but they ran after Light anyway.

I sighed ' it's finally over the Kira case is finally done' I thought. I noticed that Ryuk disappeared from where he was standing. " it's finally over isn't it Near?" I said " yes it's finally over " he said I smiled at the thought of there being no more fear in the world caused by Kira. But then I realized that this is the last time I would see my brother until another case so I went over and hugged him tightly and he hugged back.

- time skip-

The task force members found Light's body that was one a stairwell. L, Matt, Mello, and I were heading back.

I said goodbye to L " I will see you in the next case" L said and smiled " yep I will see you later L" I said and hugged him. Matt drove Mello and I back to the apartment on and I walked in I felt like a bunch of stress was lifted off my shoulders knowing Kira was gone.

I laid down on the couch I was just really tired after finishing the case. I felt someone poke my arm I opened my eyes to see Matt " yeah Matt?" I asked him " can I take you out somewhere tomorrow I need to talk to you " he said " yeah sure... Can you carry me to my room?" I asked " yeah sure let's go " he said picking me up I then fell asleep in his arms my last thought was ' what does he want to talk about?'.