Chapter Twenty-Seven

"You want to get married tomorrow?" Severus asked incredulously, following Florence into her room as she hummed the bridal chorus under her breath and fumbled with the heavy iron key locking her wardrobe.

"Sooner rather than later, that's my motto." She said cheerfully, turning round to wrap her arms around his neck and plant a soft kiss on his nose, to which he responded by wrinkling it and pressing his forehead against hers. "Now, do you want to see my dress?"

"I guess..." He said somewhat reluctantly, wondering just what kind of outfit Florence would choose to wear. She always was highly controversial when it came to dress sense. But when she reached inside the wardrobe, rustled around a bit, and pulled out a hanger, it took his breath away. "Is this... is this-"

"This is the dress Severus. Clearly you remember it?" She giggled girlishly as he pushed her back against the bundles of clothing and nuzzled her neck, arms wrapped around her waist as she wrapped a leg around his hip.

"Of course I remember it," He purred, pulling for breath and giving her a seductive smile that made her feel weak at the knees. "How could I forget?"

*~*~*~*

"How much have you drunk?" Florence laughed, tottering out of the hall beside Severus who was clutching his head.

"I haven't had anything! It was Potter, he must've put a hex on me that made me confused..." He looked up and saw Florence's doubtful smirk and his frown increased. 

"That Potter is such a berk." She said after a while of walking silently, side-by-side through the empty corridors. They could still hear the thrumming beat of the music coming from the Great Hall and feel the vibrations beneath their feet. Severus chuckled darkly, fingering his wand with a delicate finger as he pictured all of the things he could do to Potter and Black with it.

"Well said." He muttered, not looking where he was going. Florence laughed raucously when he walked headfirst into a statue and fell clattering to the floor. She stopped however, when she saw the blood torrenting from the nasty gash in his forehead that he was trying to staunch with his hand - to no prevail. His face seemed paler than usual, slick with sweat and blood alike as he glanced up at Florence through a violent curtain of red. "I'm fine, it's just a scratch." He growled as she bent down to help him up and he threw off her hands.

"You don't look fine. Here, let me help you." She pulled him undignifiedly to his feet and they hobbled a few metres before he began to wince with the pain. Florence looked anxious. "Maybe you should let Madame Pomfrey take a look-" She began, being cut off when Severus dived into the nearest cupboard, dragging her with him.

They were standing nose to nose in a broom cupboard, Severus with his hand over her mouth as she stared worriedly at him. He had his ear pressed against the door so that he could just about hear what was happening outside.

"I could've sworn Snivellus came this way." A gruff voice said scornfully.

"No matter Prongs, we'll find him and give him his punishment." A husky boy replied, causing the first to growl slightly.

"Why did Lily dance with him? Scum like that needs to be taught a lesson." The voices grew quieter as the two boys walked away from the cupboard. When he was sure they were gone, Severus removed his hand from Florence's mouth and stepped away from her slightly. Not before she grabbed his arm and gazed indecisively into his eyes.

"Florence," He breathed and she smiled softly.

"Thanks for taking me to the dance, Severus-" She began, being cut off when he leant down and planted a small, lingering kiss on her lips. He pulled away and surveyed her face with amusement, eyes closed and mouth curled into a satisfied smile.

"What was that for?" She asked, smirking slightly as he frowned.

"Surely you saw it coming, Florence?" He purred, stepping closer to her so that she could feel his body warmth strongly and smell his sumptuos collogne. She inhaled deeply and felt giddy, surely this couldn't be happening.

"I can't say I did, no." She whispered as his arms slipped soundlessly around her waist.

"No? Didn't you wonder why Lucius allowed you to stay with us? It's because I asked him to."

"And why did you do that?" She asked and he smirked, allowing her arms to wrap around his neck as he leant his head closer to hers.

"I think you know, Florence." And he closed the gap between their lips with a yearning passion they both experienced and savoured. Florence felt his hands fumbling with the clasping of her tight dress and allowed it to drop to the floor where it landed amongst scattered brooms and boxes of quaffles. Her hands raked desperately through his hair, clawing at his scalp as he pressed her hard against the door, her legs wrapping around his waist . Slowly they slid down to the floor, Severus on top of Florence who busied herself by pulling off his dress robes.

Florence awoke with her head resting on Severus' bare chest as they lay on the floor of the broom cupboard. As soon as he heard her stirring his eyes fluttered open and his fingers stroked down the contours of her bare body.

Aching all over from an uncomfortable nights sleep, amongst other things, Florence placed her hands either side of his head and pulled his lips down to meet hers. After a bout of eager kissing, Florence pulled away breathlessly and purred

"What will people think Severus? Stealing me away in the middle of the night and waking up in a broom cupboard." She pressed her fingers against his lips and he kissed her fingertips lightly. "We need to get back." She said, pulling somewhat reluctantly away from his body and fumbling for her dress. He pulled her back down and into his lap and kissed her ferociously, causing shivers to shoot up her spine and goosebumps to crop up on her bare skin.

She turned round, allowing Severus to zip up the back of her corseted emerald green dress and mewing with pleasure as, at first, his fingers grazed her skin, and then his kisses. She left the room knowing that they wouldn't be the only people emerging blinking into the daylight after doing goodness knows what under the influence of alcohol. Except, neither of them were drunk. They just needed an excuse to finally show their feelings, and the seclusion last night was perfect.

*~*~*~*

And, once again, Florence shivered uncontrollably as Severus planted a kiss on the small of her back, leading them up to her neck and eventually capturing her mouth with his own. Florence pulled away and dragged him over to the mirror, examining her flustered reflection.

Flowing from a tightly corseted bodice comlpete with dripping satin lace, was a netted, ruffled skirt that draped across the floor behind her. Hanging from her shoulders, the tight fabric sleeves stopped at the elbow and the low neckline was extremely flattering and voluptuous.

"You look as beautiful as you did back then." Severus purred in her ear, standing directly behind her, arms around her waist and chin resting on her shoulder. 

"Really?" She asked and he planted a small kiss on her neck.

"You've made me so happy, Florence." She gazed adoringly at his reflection in the mirror as he continued. "Even back then... Even back then I knew we were made for each other."

"Is that so?" Florence turned round so that they were nose to nose. "Did you ever see yourself marrying me, pregnant with your child?"

"Perhaps." He murmured and she laughed softly. "But I can't see my life any other way now."