03 - Revised

Sorry for any errors, I'm too lazy to edit this chapter...

Chapter 3

Lucy stared blankly at her food, the smell of the meatloaf was appetizing, but when she looked up her sister's face made her lose her appetite immediately. 

"Aren't you going to eat, Lucy?" Her father asked wiping his mouth clean.

"Aren't you going to tell me what's going to happen now that we're here?" Lucy answered back moving her plate aside, no longer hungry for it. She wanted answers now, he had moved them away from her mom and brother. 

Jude Heartfillia glanced at his wife who simply nodded her head with a smile. Her green eyes flickering from her husband to her blonde-haired stepdaughter. 

"I've decided that it's time you go to school- an academy this time." He answered looking at Lucy with an unreadable stare.

"I'm not going to attend a public school? But that's where most of the gang members are-" Jude cut off Lucy quickly. 

"That was back in America, this time there's only 4 here-" Vanessa took this moment to interrupt her husband, she cleared her throat giving Jude a side glance.

"And we-I decided that you should just be a normal girl. No more killing or going on patrols that's a man's job-" Lucy slammed her hand on the table causing her sister to drop her glass-shattering its beautiful shards on the floor of the dining room.

"That's not fair!" Lucy spoke up.

"Lucy you're a young lady and I can't allow you to get hurt-" Lucy cut off Vanessa and looked at Jude with an angry look.

"Mother would never do this-"

"And look where your mother is!" Jude screamed causing Lucy to look at him with wide eyes.

Her look morphed into a look full of hatred and she ran out of the dining room causing her father to sink into his chair with hurt.

A cold hand touched his own, he looked up to see his new wife, who was younger than him by 7 years.

"It was for the best..." She whispered to him with comfort.

~*~

Lucy looked down at a picture as she sat down on the bed.

"I miss you, mom...I miss you, Luke..." Lucy whispered clutched the picture and laying down on the bed.