18; ⬆⬆⬆

Hey guys! Sorry there's no title, I'm using the media above😊

Wc: 601

Enjoy❤

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunshine blinded the eyes of the Gladers as they tried to see what was happening in the Gardens without anyone else seeing them. Thomas squinted and whispered to Minho, “Of course the Creators made it shucking bright today. Can you see what’s going on?”

“Not really,” Minho replied, just as frustrated, “I don’t think it’s a pleasant conversation.” You and Newt were unaware of the audience near the two of you. He spoke very little to you and you weren’t meeting him halfway at all.

The drama started a few days ago when Newt, who was nudged into it by the other boys, bravely asked you to be his. It wasn’t easy on the poor fellow. He had been admiring you from afar ever since you came out of the Box. You were the only girl in the Glade and Newt was told that you liked him back.

With no valid reason, you had looked at him for a little bit before declining his request and walking back to your job. Newt stood there, looking mortified and melancholic over what had just happened. The boys watched with shock before rushing to Newt and talking about something else.

It should be fine, Newt tried to convince himself. They weren’t meant to be. An annoying lingering question haunted his thoughts over the past few days. Why? Perhaps you just didn’t reciprocate the same feelings Newt obviously had for you.

In the garden, the two of you could barely see because of the brightness which led to awkward requests to pass tools and such. When the day was over, Newt left as quickly as he could without looking back. Only Minho, who was waiting around, could see you staring at him, almost longingly.

Dinner was excruciatingly long for the both of you. You simply poked at your food and dismissed yourself. Newt looked up at your retreating figure, with his insecure question still fresh in his brain. He gulped slightly before sitting up and swiftly going after you.

His limp proved to be a disadvantage so Newt simply called your name. You turned around curiously and waited until Newt was close enough. “I know your answer,” he said in a rushed tone, “I’m just wondering why. It’s been bothering me since and I just need to know.” Your silence made him anxious. “Please, Y/N.”

“Is this really a place where you think a relationship would be good?” You stated, “I’d be wondering if you’re interested in me because I’m your only option or you could be jealous that I’m literally surrounded by boys.” The ground became the most interesting thing in the world for you. “It’s not that I don’t feel anything for you, Newt. A relationship here is virtually impossible.”

As you began walking to your room, Newt squinted slightly and called out, “So what?” You stopped moving, letting Newt catch up. “If you like me and I like you, I don’t think the setting will change that. I might get a bit uncomfortable with the other boys, but I’m certain there’s no other girl out there that I could or would fancy. You know how, love?” You shook your head in a bashful manner. “Because you are here.” Silence settled over the two of you as you smiled at Newt’s little speech. “All I’m asking for is a chance.”

You nodded and quickly pulled his face down to press a kiss against Newt’s lips. He wasn’t prepared, but accepted it graciously. When it ended, Newt simply smiled and said, “I promise you won’t regret it, love.”