O-On The Brink

TUMAKBO pa hanggang sumunod na linggo ang ganoong set-up nila. Clarine would come very early in the morning at his house and share breakfast with him. Minsan ay nagdadala siya ng luto mula sa mansion. Most of the time she'd bring nothing but her hungry self and whole lot of audacity. She would stay at home with him, doing anything she could actually think of. Sometimes she would tend his small garden, sometimes just clean his house, checkout books in his library, swim in his pool, drink his bottles of wine or sleep in his comfy bed. Kung paanong umabot na ang ganoong kakomportablehan, hindi rin niya mawari.

Gabi-gabi pa din siyang umuuwi sa mansion. At sa bawat pagkakataon, napakahirap buhatin ang mga paa niya paalis ng villa nito.

What happened to the "meet at least thrice a week"? She's basically present there, every single day!

She opened his french door refrigerator. Sa ganoong akto siya nadatnan ni Wolvin nang pumasok sa kusina.

"Are you hungry?" he asked. That has been his everyday line and she's getting rather used to it.

"Hindi. I'm thinking of buying your groceries. I might have taken a large portion of your food." Nakangiwi siyang pinagmasdan ang laman ng ref.

He chuckled at that. Mula sa likod niya ay umabot ito ng pitchel ng tubig. His familiar aftershave scent attacked her nose. She breathe in more.

"You don't need to. I'll take care of it," he said and walked away.

"Hindi! You're busy. I'll do it. I have nothing much to do anyway."

"Ako na, Clarine. I'll have time."

She rolled her eyes and turned to him.

"Yeah? Kailan pa iyan? What if you run out of food before then? You won't cook for me anymore and I'll have to...to starve... to..." She trailed off as she found him standing right in front of her. Hawak-hawak ang pitchel na ibinabalik sa loob ng bukas na ref. She stared at his chest perfectly bulging on his v-neck white shirt, leveled just right on her face. His radiating body heat captivating her like an unsuspecting fly.

"Yes..." She continued dumbfoundedly and nodded. Ni hindi maalala kung ano nga ulit ang sasabihin niya. Her gaze ran slowly a little downward.

"What?"

"What?" she asked back, tearing her eyes off of his body. She blinked at his curious eyes. Huling-huli nito ang pagtitig niya sa katawan nito. She snapped as her cheeks heated up. "You asked me if I was hungry?" she answered in full defense. Mind already running for possible excuses if he'd push his way to teasing her. She looked like a starving little bunny choking at her own stained thoughts.

A small suppressed smile played on his lips. Ginulo nito ang buhok niya. "Whatever you're doing, please stop that. I'll cook now." Nilagpasan siya ng binata. Tinungo ang counter at nagbukas ng mga cabinet sa taas niyon.

"I... I didn't do anything!"

"Ah, yes you little peeper. Go behave in the couch and reflect on your thoughts."

She pursed her lips. What's to reflect? It's not like she fondle his chest or something. Akala naman nito ay hindi pa siya nakakakita ng ganoon. Hello? She's twenty nine! At this age, of course, polluted na rin ng iba't ibang klase ng hangin ang utak niya. She's not some innocent naive girl at the street.

He's not even naked or something! That thought came out a little sulking but she'd seen bolder than that from past expeditions. And well... based on personal initial judgment, he sure looks built, sturdy and hard. Of course, that could only be proven if she could have touch it. Her judgment might have been even better and more thorough if not only because of the shirt...