Chapter 3

_Zane's P.O.V._
Once I got upstairs I went to grab my grey blanket and pillow. By the time I had my stuff laid out on the floor, everyone else was back in the living room talking amongst themselves. I was going to go talk to Aphmau, but she, Katelyn, and Nicole seemed to be in deep conversation. I was still standing awkwardly looking for someone to talk to when I felt a large hand on my shoulder.
"What are you doing, Zane?" Asked Aaron. I turned around and noticed he wasn't wearing a shirt as usual.
"I don't really have anything to do."
Aaron was nice and all, but since he's taller than me it's like he's constantly looking down on me. "Why not try to get to know some of he people here? I know you don't see it that way, but several people here consider you a friend."
I wasn't convinced by his words. "Oh, like who? Nobody here seems to enjoy my company aside from Aphmau."
"Don't be stupid. I heard Travis stick up for you downstairs. I don't know him all that well, but I remember how shy he was in high school. I don't think he would do that for some stranger." With that, Aaron walked away and took his place by Aph's side.
I looked for Travis and saw him and Dante sitting near the corner of the room. "I might as well go over there instead of standing here, staring at people." I thought, walking over and sitting down next to Travis.
_Travis's P.O.V._
"Well Dante, it seems as though you got your wish during the truth or dare game." Dante blushed at my words. "Travis! Be quiet!" I laughed at my friend as he nervously glanced at Nicole.
Out of the corner of my eye I saw Zane walk over. He sat down next to me.
"Hey Zane! How are you doing?" I said, putting my arm around his shoulders.
"Like I said earlier, I'm fine, but please let me go." It might've been my imagination, but I think he was lightly blushing. I let him go like he asked because even without the possibility imagined blush, he looked very uncomfortable. "Sorry about that. What have you guys been up to recently?" I asked Zane and Dante.
Dante had already gotten up and started talking to Nicole without me noticing.
"I've just been working or hanging out with Aph all week." He replied quietly.
"Do you like to swim Zane?" I was hoping for a yes so I could have someone to talk to about it.
"I've never been. I don't know how to swim." He looked a little disappointed.
"You should come over to the pool sometime with me then. It wouldn't hurt you to learn how."
He was about to reply when he yawned. "I think I'm going to follow Kawaii~Chan's example and go to bed." He pointed to where she was passed out on the couch, her tail was tapping against the cushion while she slept.
"I guess I will too then, since I don't think I could join Dante and Nicole's conversation if I tried."
We both walked over to our spots on the floor and laid down. Before I drifted off to sleep I heard Zane whisper quietly to me. "Thank you for standing up to Laurence."