Chapter 15

_Travis's P.O.V._
Garroth and Katelyn showed up at our house first. It was surprising to me that Laurence didn't show up at the same time as Garroth, since they live in the same house. Zane asked before I could. "Where's Laurence? He is still coming right?"
"He said that he was going to wait for Cadenza, since they haven't seen each other in a while. She's going to park her car at our house and walk over here with him."
Zane nodded and both guests walked in and took a seat. We mainly just talked about life until there was a knock at the door. I got up to get it. Laurence and Cadenza Zvahl stood at the doorstep. Her flame colored hair and pale blue eyes made her stand out a lot more than her brother.
"Hello Travis! Thank you so much for inviting me over! It feels like forever since I last saw anyone here." She was very cheerful.
Laurence looked pretty amused by Cadenza's excitement.
"Thanks for inviting us." He said as he and his sister walked in and were greeted by everyone else inside.
"I haven't seen you since we went on the Valentine's Day date together, Cadenza." Said Garroth. Everyone seemed happy to see her again.

After everyone had gotten over seeing each other again, Cadenza and Katelyn sprung into some conversation that I couldn't understand. Something about Katelyn's "fashion and style". Laurence and Garroth were sitting next to each other and were talking with Zane. I pulled up a chair next to Zane.
"So Zane, has Travis taken over your spare room by now?" Asked Garroth, jokingly.
Zane hesitated before replying. "Actually, we both sleep in my room. Though, he did put all his furniture in the spare room."
Garroth went silent and I think he growled a little bit. Laurence however, was laughing very hard at Garroth's reaction.
"We're you really surprised, Garroth?" He asked while laughing.
Garroth just sighed and shook his head. "You all just don't understand what it's like to have a little brother.
"Vylad is my little brother too, Garroth. You may be the oldest, but I'm not the youngest." Zane objected.
"Vylad doesn't get himself in trouble or date anyone."
By now Katelyn and Cadenza walked over and asked what we're going to do.

_Zane's P.O.V._
"What do you guys want to do? We were planning on ordering pizza and hot wings later. We do have a bunch of movies and Netflix so if you guys wanted to watch anythi-"
Zane was cut off by Cadenza practically yelling. "We should watch horror movies!"
Everyone aside from Laurence looked surprised. She didn't really seem like the kind of person to enjoy scary movies. She seemed more like the person to stay up watching Project Runway than The Shining.
I handed her the remote and she looked through until she found the original Poltergeist.
"Why do you want to watch scary movies so bad, what if I don't want to watch them?" Katelyn asked.
She laughed. "Aww is Katelyn scared of a good movie? Besides I just really want to watch one." I could've sworn Cadenza took a quick glance at Laurence.
It had already been sunset when everyone had arrived so it was starting to get dark outside. Cadenza turned off the lights for "mood and atmosphere" as she put it. Cadenza was on one end of the couch, followed by Laurence, Garroth, and Katelyn. Travis had taken the end of the couch so I was stuck in between him and Katelyn.

Any time something scary had happened, Katelyn "accidentally" grabbed my arm out of fear. Once we had gotten pretty far into the movie and the only light we had was from the tv screen, I looked around. Laurence was leaning on Garroth and had his arms wrapped around one of Garroth's. Garroth didn't seem very bothered by Laurence practically cuddling his arm. Cadenza caught my eye as she noticed me looking at them and she smiled at me in a knowing way. They must've planned this while hey we're walking over to the house. I'm glad he spoke to her about his problems.
They are pretty crafty people. She should get more credit for clever ideas like this. I'll remember not to cross her anytime soon. I settled into the couch and rested my head on Travis's shoulder.

The rest of the night was mostly horror movies and hot wings.

_Author's Note_
I am amazed that over 3k people have read this story. I didn't really expect anyone to read it at first so thank you all so much! Sorry about missing a couple days. I will continue to try a chapter per day, but please don't be too upset or surprised if I miss days occasionally. It's kinda crazy to put out a chapter per day.