Chapter 9

_Zane's P.O.V._
The last remaining days of this week went by pretty fast. On Friday, the day before my parents were to come meet us for dinner, we finally told our friends that we were dating. Nearly everyone was surprised by Travis liking guys since his constant flirting with the girls. Only my brothers, who knew, and Kawaii~Chan weren't surprised. Apparently, we had been her "otp" since the Valentine's Day date.
It was currently Saturday and my parents would be here in an hour. Travis, Garroth, and Vylad were all at my house running through to make sure everything was perfectly clean while I cooked.
When we were sure that everything was perfect, we heard a knock at the door.
Garroth opened the door and let our mother and father, Zianna and Garte, inside the house.
"Oh boys! I'm so happy to see you! It's been too long!" Zianna practically squealed.
Dad was much more calm while greeting us. I led them into the dining room. The order around the table went Travis, me, Zianna, Garte, Garroth, and Vylad.
Only my mother hadn't started eating when she asked. "Zu-Zu, are you going to introduce your friend?"
My heart was beating quickly as I replied. "Mom, Dad, this is Travis. M-my boyfriend." I nearly choked on the last part.
Zianna started to cry and pulled my out of my chair into a hug. "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME MY BABY ZU-ZU STARTED DATING!"
She was starting to choke me from hugging me so tightly. "M-mom! I can't breathe! Your being over emotional again!"
She let me go and whispered something into Travis's ear. Travis's face went red and Vylad must've overheard, because he was laughing pretty hard.
_Travis's P.O.V._
"Oh my Irene!" I was blushing after Zane's mom whispered "If you like it, you should put a ring on it." into my ear. Vylad was laughing at me and Garroth just looked confused.
Once we all calmed down, we realized that Zane's father hadn't spoken.
We all went silent and looked to him. He spoke. "Well son, I can't quite say I agree with this. However, it seems to make you and your mother happy. I will not question you as long as you are happy."
Zane looked relieved by this, so I was as well.
I had only ever met Zianna once and that was briefly. She seemed to like me, but she kept asking me about the details of our relationship and personal questions. Garte seemed to be the near opposite of his wife. He was mostly silent, but he still seemed happy. Zane seemed to be the only unhappy one there and that was due to  his mother's retelling of his childhood stories.

The evening passed without problems. Zianna was going to be staying at a hotel in town, but Garte was driving back tonight for work. Garroth and Vylad left soon after their parents, leaving Zane and I to clean up. It was pretty late when we got done cleaning. I was so tired I laid down in his living room floor and shut my eyes. Minutes later I heard him lay down next to me. I put my arms around him and that's how we stayed. We drifted off to sleep, cuddling in the living room floor.