Chapter 4

_Zane's P.O.V._
I woke up before anyone else did. It was around 7 A.M and I felt miserable. Everyone else was asleep as far as I could tell. I started to gather my things and put them in my bag when I heard Travis talking in his sleep.
I heard him mumble something that sounded like "I just wanna get to know you."
He must be dreaming about Katelyn. Poor guy gets punched by her all the time. I honestly couldn't see them dating, or at least not anytime soon. I shook my head and grabbed the last of my stuff, shoving it into the small bag I brought. I decided I would leave a note for Aphmau to tell her that I wasn't feeling well and that I went home early. I also wrote a small note to Travis and stuck it in the bag I saw him bring to the sleepover. I took one last look at the living room, headed out the door, and started walking down the street towards my house.
_Travis's P.O.V._
~Around Two Hours Later~
I woke up to hear Vylad's voice say. "Don't do it Dante! He'll be really mad when he wakes up!"
I immediately opened my eyes to see Dante with a black marker, about to write on my face.
I slapped the marker out of his hand and sat up. "Really Dante?"
He smiled and picked the marker up. He helped me to my feet and said. "I needed to try and get you back for that prank call last time, but I guess Vylad's voice woke you up.
I shook my head and looked around the room. Only Dante, Vylad, Kawaii~Chan, Aphmau, and I were left at the party. Once Aph noticed me awake she walked over and handed me a brown paper bag. "Can you run over to Zane's house and give these to him? You're off work today right?"
"Yea, I'm off work. What is it that I'm delivering?" I opened the top of the bag to see some cupcakes.
"He left me a letter on the table saying that he wasn't feeling well, so I figured I'd make him some of his favorite food to help him feel better." Her face got serious. "Do not eat them this time!"
I rolled my eyes at her and grabbed my bag. I pulled out a dark green shirt and put it on. I said my goodbyes and started for Zane's house. It was only across the street and a few houses down. I walked up the driveway and noticed the door was slightly open.
I knocked on the door. When nobody answered I stuck my head inside and called out. "Zane? You here? You left the door unlocked and open."
I was greeted with no reply. I went inside to check on him just in case something was wrong. I looked around and saw him in the living room. He was passed out on the couch and sleeping soundly. There was a blanket on the chair so I put it over him. I noticed a medicine container on the end table. They were nighttime headache pills. I grinned and thought to myself. "He must've grabbed the nighttime version by mistake."
I left the bag of cupcakes on the coffee table and left, making sure to lock the front door behind me.

When I got to my shared home with Garroth, Laurence, and Dante I threw my bag downstairs to my room. When it hit the ground it made a weird noise like crumpling paper. I ran down to check what it was. Upon further inspection, there was a note left in my bag that read "Travis,
I don't know if you heard me last night before we went to bed, but thank you for telling Laurence off. I you ever want to talk here's my number. xxx-xxx-xxxx
-Zane
I smiled and put his number in my phone.