22- Ruby

A writer's life always needs motivation. There were times that her mind was blank like a clean piece of bond paper. There were times that words came out and with too many ideas, she tended to forget and put them altogether.

In special occasions, thoughts of Nigel and Leonil come to her mind. Lesser reminiscence went to Leonil. It was because she has learned to accept the fact that what they did was actually the best decision. She did not become the core reason of a child's broken family.

She did not miss them that much at all.

Only that at times, when she looked up the sky and saw the stars sparkling with all their might, and the moon displaying its complete form, she was reminded of Nigel. She was reminded of the time when they both missed each other. That was the first time he missed her too bad and they could not do anything about it. The time when he asked her to look at the moon...Unknowingly she did, then suddenly another text came telling her that she was as beautiful as the moon.

It had been encoded in her soul until now. When times were grey and she was feeling down, she reminded herself that she was beautiful as the moon.

As beautiful as the moon, she would be far reachable. Only those who would dare would be able to see her worth. Since Nigel gave up, he was not the one.

She decided to call the book Ruby, for its red sparkles, for all the love she once had that were better kept as gems. Her poetries were like that...

The launching was set within the mall, near the view of the sea. Readers were all raging in line, the security made sure they were doing fine.

First, there was a song and dance number from local artists. It was followed by a video presentation in a big screen of the quotes from her books. The fans were thrilled to read their favorite lines. Then, there was the first glimpse of her face on the screen. The audience clapped and others could not believe that it was Shaira. Some of them were her students and acquaintances, some were friends.

They were all excited to have their books signed by their very own fellow from the town. Soon, Shaira will be going to other neighboring towns, then other cities, then other countries to have her book signing.

"I love you!" She exclaimed as she stood in front of the stage.

The crowd replied, "we love you too!"

"Thank you for believing in my words and for taking time to come in this very important day. You know, through this book, I will always be able to tell the persons I once loved that I love them. Or that I was hurt. Or that I accept the reality. Or that I miss them. This book is the fruit of my years of falling in love and years of moving on and going through it. Do you know what connects us all together?" The crowd seemed to know the answer but they were waiting for Shaira to say it.

She did not wait for answers but she asked it anyway. After a brief pause, she said, "it is Love."

"Love!"

The crowd made a heart shape through their hands. She smiled with satisfaction and gratefulness. They were all showered by confetti before they proceeded to the book signing.

***

Meanwhie, on her way home, Melanie excitedly sent her photo to Nigel to show her whereabouts for the day.

As Nigel glanced at it, he could not believe what he saw.

"Are you sure she's your favorite author?" Nigel asked.

"Yes! She's an amazing writer. She speaks directly to the heart." Melanie inserted heart emojies.

"Okay. So show me a sample," Nigel was all curious.