19- Blackmail

The black coffee tasted bitter, Leonil almost splurted. If it had poison he would be dead in five minutes but it did not seem harmful so he took another sip. He did not know his intentions but he was sure it would be about Shaira.

Greg ordered the coffee and he took delight upon seeing Leonil displeased with what he was drinking. The team leader looked a bit anxious.

"So why are you taking me here team leader?" Leonil asked impatiently. 

He wanted to come home already. He could not wait any longer to show his son the present that he bought. His girlfriend/ wife would panic if he would not arrive on time. She would start overthinking and he would get fed up with it again.

And he hated seeing Greg's face. As for what he had seen at the party, he was forcing Shaira to come closer to him so he could kiss her. He had seen how Shaira cried. Poor little girl. Together with the thought of her came the inquisition at the back of his mind if he would ever see her again. 

The team leader cleared his throat and was about to respond when Greg said,

"I asked him to take you here. This place is better if we talk here, don't you think so?" Greg let out an evil grin.

"There is nothing to talk about Greg. Don't waste my time."

Greg chuckled. 

"You must be fortunate upon talking with me Leonil. I have a higher position than the team leader." He squinted to the team leader and the other man nodded.

"Just tell me what you want." Leonil shrugged looking uninterested with what Greg had said. 

This man had to wait until I reveal my great position in the company that he's working with, Greg thought.

"Well, I was thinking if I should get you disqualified for the job or if I should send photos of you and Shaira to your wife. Which do you think is better?" Greg scrolled his phone gallery.

Leonil's jaw tightened. He could not believe that Greg had this air to do such things. If there would be a chance, he would punch him again until his face breaks but it was not the right time. He needs the job and he has invested his time and effort to it. Even if he could not accept it, even if his wife was a nagger, he still needs his wife so he would be with his son.

He imagined how the photos looked like. It would cause trouble. He was not married yet but there was a child waiting for him at home. He could not afford being separated with his son. His girlfriend/wife will surely make a fuss.

Greg showed the photo to the team leader and the other man looked shocked. He looked at Leonil with accusing eyes as if all the credibility in him were suddenly gone.

"Who is that girl?" he asked, pointing a finger to the photo.

Greg scrolled his gallery and another picture of Leonil and Shaira entering the hotel room together appeared. It looked like the woman was inviting him to come in. This made his eyes bigger.

Leonil raised his arm to grab the phone from Greg's grasp but Greg was quick. He raised his arm higher, causing Leonil to stand and balance in order not to land on the coffee table.

"You want to see how you looked like Leonil? Should I send this to your wife now so she could show you your great photos?" he teased.

Leonil sighed in defeat. He looked at him with ferocious eyes ready to devour him like a lion ready to massacre its prey.

 After pulling himself altogether, he said,"Okay, I understand now Greg. Look I'm sorry if I hit you earlier at the party. If this is what will make you stop all these crazy nonsense stuff.  I could not stand seeing you take advantage of Shaira's vulnerability. She's my friend. You can punch me now if you want." 

Leonil stood in front of the table as Greg looked up at him, keeping the safety of his phone away from Leonil.

"A punch from me?" He glanced at the team leader as if asking for approval then turned back to Leonil.

"That would make me a rude man in front of my team leader."

Leonil smirked to tease Greg. "Aren't you rude enough to force an innocent girl beyond her tolerance?"

"Shaira, that innocent, should I say naive girl? This is intriguing. I am a man of needs Leonil. You know what I mean..." Greg put a step forward to face Leonil.

This was a bit of a scene at the coffee shop, the team leader was confused. He sensed trouble so he went towards the left side of Greg.He could get hold of him in case the two would fight. They caught the attention of the waiters and the other people who were eating at the opposite side of their table. 

A man of needs. Greg's words rang through Leonil's ears as he moved forward. Leonil did not step back. Maybe a couple of punches will do for this lascivious fellow. He heard Greg continue what he was saying through a whisper.

" I thought you were a funny comrade but it seems that you are just as naive as this girl. Have some fun, won't yah? You are too serious man. Life is short."

Leonil clenched his fists.

"Tell me, what do you really want?"

Greg smirked and whispered again. "I want you to be courteous to me all the time dude. I'm your boss. For about a month, I will be the Vice President of the company that just hired you. You just ruined my chance of having such a delightful night with a pretty innocent young lady. Mind your own business or I'll mind sending these photos to your wife."

The men looked from eye to eye, face to face. Greg was taller, Leonil could hit him below if this man gets more aggressive. That was the advantage of  short man. 

"I hate being told with what  to do Greg. But okay I will not bother your affairs. Just stay away from my family. And Shaira." Leonil walked away before Greg could reply.

Greg frowned. He was satisfied to see a loser's reaction. His pride was on top again. He got what he wanted and he did not like Shaira anymore when he saw a woman wearing a black,mid- length dress with a v- shape neckline and black strap that revealed her sexy cleavage. A slit above the right knees made her fresh skin peek. She smiled at him the moment she saw him and angled a look that revealed her chandelier earring. He looked at her from head to toe. Her pair of shoes looked great! They were pointed shoes with straps up to the ankles.

 Her pair of shoes looked great! They were pointed shoes with straps up to the ankles

Greg could not focus with Leonil's trail. He must be catching a bus home. He will send him a text message next time to remind him that he must always be sorry for meddling with him. He asked the team leader to go after Leonil and remind him of his warnings.

For now, it was show time. He smiled back at the beautiful woman in her black dress. Shaira was naive and he will forget her once he gets to know this very seductive woman on her way towards him.

His blind date has finally arrived. He might as well deserve a woman who is of the same level as him. Someone who will not be bothered if he kisses her on their first date. Probably, his family was right. It was unbelievable that they were going to find him a woman that was as modern and sophisticated, just the way he wanted. He was eager to know if they will work out this time.

******

So you still think Greg is the right man for Shaira? 

Next chapter will be bitter sweet. 

P.S. I don't own the photo. Thanks to google images.