Chapter Five.

CHAPTER FIVE

'YES' I scream into Peeta's shoulder. I know that it is sudden, but i don't care. Peeta is ALL i have left, he is all i want left. The old Peeta is completely back with me, i am so happy i cannot even conprehend how i am acting. I come to my senses and i realise i am stradling Peeta in the middle of the field. Peeta blushes and sits up, as do i. I think it is cute when men blush. Peeta engulfs me in his embrace and i allow him to explore my body using his hands. His hands trace up to my braid, then down to my lower back where they come to a stop. Peeta freezes and hangs onto me tightly. He is unaware of me as i try to make him come to his senses, He clenches on my harder as i try to wriggle out of his grasp. I know it is enevitable, Peeta is having a flashback of his hijacking. I wait, hurting until he releases and begins to relax. He falls into a laying position when i place my hands on his jawline and bring his eyes to mine. 

'Its okay Peeta, You're here, with me.' I say, kissing his forehead. His eyes trace my body, coming to a stop at my arms. I look down and see that they are now badly bruised. He looks down as a lone tear falls down his left cheek bone. I wipe the tear. 

'Peeta, its fine. You didn't know.' I say, stroking his blonde locks out the way of his eyes. 

'No it isnt Katniss, i hurt you. This was supposed to be a magical moment, not the time i hurt you. I SHOULD NEVER HAVE LEFT YOU.' He says, shouting at the end of the sentence.

'Leave me? What?' I ask. 

'I left. I just HAD to go with Snow, i had to get hijacked, and i had to beleive what Snow said.' He says, mini rivers flowing down his face. 

'What did Snow say Peeta?...You don't HAVE to tell me' I say, hoping for the best. Peeta inhales deeply, embracing me from the side. 

'When he would inject me with the tracker jacker venom, he would play a video of you screaming at me, kissing Gale. He would also tell me that you killed my parents, showing me clips of the bakery exploding, parents still inside. He would tell me things like that you never loved me, it was all for the television.' He says, looking at me hopefully.

'Peeta, i am not going to lie. At the start, it was for the camera's. That one kiss in the cave made me change my whole opinions on you. THAT is when i started to fall in love with you Peeta. I still loved you when you were hijacked. I have loved you ever since the first games. I have never stopped.' I say. 'Peeta, you have to know, that there is nothing that would EVER convince me to hurt you. Your father was nothing but nice to me before the first games. I would do nothing to hurt you or your family. Peeta, i love you.' I say, bringing us into a passionate kiss. Nothing could break us from this moment. Our entwined bodies move with eachother along with the wind which peruses the meadow. When we come to a stop, i look toward the seam, a man stands there watching. I get a better look, Haymitch.

'Star-crossed lovers again are we?' Haymitch says, smirking. I scowl back at him.

'What's the scowl for sweetheart? Ruin the moment?' Haymitch asks, drunkly waddling toward us. He collapses down next to us as i climb off of Peeta's lap. Sitting next to him. 

'How long were you standing there?' I ask

'Oh, a little after things got interesting.' He says, i ignore this dull comment. We all walk back to the victors village. We take Haymitch back to his house, lay him on the sofa and making him something to eat. Peeta comes to my house for the night. He brings cookies and cake to celebrate our newly found engagement. We are brought to sanity when Effie and my prep team burst through the door, make up and brushes in hand.

~BubblesAbernathy