Chapter Seven.

CHAPTER SEVEN

When Peeta and i stop uncontrolably sobbing, our prep teams take us to seperate rooms to calm us down and to apply more make up. I cannot beleive he is dead. 3 years ago i was certain he was the one i was going to marry. Now i am the fiance to another, and Gale has passed on. I wasn't even invited to the funeral! Venia does my make- up again, to make me look happy and beautiful, even though i am sad and rotten inside. I leave the room and make my way to see Peeta, he engulfs me inside his embrace, apoigising for my loss. I also say that i am sorry for acting the way that i did, and that i appriciate his comfort. We share a quick kiss before we are ripped apart by a slightly drunk Plutach and a wasted Haymitch. Peeta and i are sat together at the dining table where i do not release my grip from his hand. Not once. He makes no attempts to either. This place is a prison to us. When the dinner is finished, we make our way to the balcony, where Peeta and i shall stand for 5 minutes and then leave. We stand there, crowd roaring with enthusiasm. It still makes my skin crawl. Plutach hands us each a microphone, as well as his own, and asks us questions. 

'How long have you been together?' He asks.

'Just under a month...' Peeta replies. 

'When is the wedding?' He asks again. 

'Well we have no idea, we were kind of ambushed before we could make any plans, or even finish celebrations.' Peeta says, dullly. Plutach gets the message and dismisses us shortly after asking if we were having kids, i just walked away like nothing happened. Peeta and i do not want to stay here any longer, so as opposed to sleeping in the presidents mansion overnight, we decide to head home on a REGULAR speed train. When we reach the station, we climb inside, to be meeted by Effie, who is as always, just DELIGHTED with our performance. We walk to the car that has the television in it and we curl up together on the couch, drifting into a sleep. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up, body tangled with Peeta's. I look toward the television, Ceaser's new show is on so i make the outstanding choice to watch it. Good thing i do, they are talking about Peeta and i. Surprisingly, they have a guest who is UNIMAGINEABLE. They have HAYMITCH on the show.

'What are your opinions on their relationship?' Ceaser asks Haymitch

'When i was mentoring them in the first games, something about how they acted told me that they were meant for eachother. Their relationship is so pure and untamed. It can either go amazingly, or horrificly.' Haymitch suggests. 

'What about when Peeta got hijacked?' Ceaser says, hesitating.

'When he was hijacked, he had NO idea what he was doing, and to this day he feels guilty about what happened. He wanted to NEVER hurt her or cause her any sort of pain. He has always been the best thing to her. Even though she didn't know it. When Katniss saw that Peeta was being broudcasted, she was happy that he was alive and well, then they showed him being thrashed at and she went completely crazy. She could BARE to see that happen to him. She completly shut down, she went to hiding around D13 and she barely went hunting. The pearl that Peeta gave her in the second games was really her saviour. She would roll it around on her lips, and have a little piece of Peeta back. She loved him more than ever, because she couldnt have him.' Haymitch finishes. The crowd look stunned. I look at Peeta who's eyes are now wide and looking into mine. He looks guilty, then he kisses me once more. 

'I understand you have a clip?' Ceaser says, motioning for the clip to start. What clip? I think to myself, worrying. 

The clip shows Peeta on the moniter of a screen, me touching the screen, smiling, reassured that he is alive and well. Then i see the blood splatter. I go crazy. It takes Haymitch, Gale and Coin to get me off of the moniter, even then i am screaming bad words at the people ripping me from the closest thing i have to Peeta and the ones who didn't save him before myself. When the clip stops, there is a hush in the crowd. I look at Ceaser who has tears flowing down his face, much like the ones falling down Peeta and myself's faces. Haymitch sits there smugly.

'THAT is why there are meant to be together. Right there, they bring out the best in eachother.' He finishes, as the television colours fade and the screen turns to black. 

~BubblesAbernathy