Chapter Fourteen.

CHAPTER 14

I have now realised how good for me Peeta is. Or rather too me. He helps me with ANYTHING, when i wake up from nightmares, he cradles me into a sleep, When i am feeling alone, outcast, he makes me feel wanted. He is my other half, without him, i would be empty. I have thought more about the 'Children' situation, everyday infact. It is eating me away, this makes me feel like i am not right for Peeta, he reasures me that i am working myself up. Honestly, i wouldn't MIND having children, i just dont think it is fair on Peeta having to do everything but carry the child, also, my mothering skills aren't very good, so he'd probably have to take that up too. Peeta and i have been wed for 6 months now and we still aren't tired of eachother, we tell eachother everyday how we love, and need another, Peeta works, i hunt. Another thing to occupy my time when Peeta is at work is to make calls to Annie, making sure herself and Finn are well. I find myself looking at the pictures that Annie gave me alot, wondering if i would be a good mother, Missing Finnick, and bewitched by Finn. Peeta enters the house with the traditional 'Honey, im home' attitude. He see's me looking at the pictures and tugs me into his embrace from behind, we both watch the pictures. We stand there, looking at the images, just wanted to live through them again, i want Finnick to be alive more than anything. Of course, i want Primrose to be alive, but Finnick has started a family of which he can never return too, that coldens my heart to know that i am mainly to blame. 
'Peeta.' I say, grabbing he attention.
'Yes Katniss?' He says, kissing my cheek. 
'I want to tell you something, and when i do, i dont want you to just jump to conclusions okay?' I say, looking him right in the eyes. 
'I promise, whats wrong?' He immediatly thinks the worst.
'Peeta, there is a slight chance we can have children, a SLIM one, i just wanted you to know, i would do anything to please you as well.' I asy slightly blushing.
I release my sight from the floor and raise it to Peeta's face. I see tears forming in his eyes as he brings me into a embrace.
'Katniss, you know you dont have to do that right?' Peeta says, i can feel him trying to hide the fact that he is crying. 
'No, its not for you Peeta, its for us. You're my only family now.' I say, he places his forehead on mine gently, we stand there for a few minutes, just staring into eachother's eyes. 
'Not yet though.' Peeta finally says.
'I agree, we're not ready.' I say in reply, Peeta plants his lips onto mine, i can taste iced buns, he had obviously eaten one at work, i stand on my tiptoes, deepening the kiss, soon enough Peeta picks me up and carries me up to the bedroom where the nighttime activities take place. 

~BubblesAbernathy