Chapter Twenty.

CHAPTER 20

Everyday, Primrose seems to grow. Admittedly, she likes Peeta more than i, but i don't care. Just seeing the smile on his face when he cradles our newborn in his strong arms warms my heart. Yesterday, we had Annie visit, we spent time with Finn, while i never let my release on Peeta go. I was debating whether to let her hold Primrose, Peeta suggested that we let her. Peeta is protective over our little girl, probably more so than i, so if he trusts her, then i do. When Annie held her, i saw all the tension in her body cease, she cried tears of joy. Peeta, Primrose and i make our way to Haymitch and Effie's house, Effie insists on regular meetings with Primrose, she wants her to remember her, i think that Primrose cant with the bright pink hair Effie is fashioning. Effie holds her constantly. When Haymitch wakes from a sleep, he takes Primrose in his arms and smiles at her. When i take Primrose off of him finally, i cannot smell liqour on him, then i realise that he is not dirty, Haymitch is clean. Haymitch goes into the Kitchen to get a drink, Effie, Peeta and i sit there and watch as Primrose sleeps in Peeta's arms. So indeering. She wakes from a sleep in a terrible cry which suggests she needs to be fed. Peeta throws his jacket over my chest so noone will see my breast and i feed Primrose. When she suckles it feels extremely weird, but she isnt one of those children who bite when they feed, which is a good thing. When she finishes suckling, i hand Peeta his jacket, She opens her eyes and looks into mine, Her eyes are mine, gray. When Haymitch appears, he wacks me on the head.

'OUCH.' I say, Primrose looks and smiles. I look at Peeta, we both have the same expression. 

'MANNERS.' Peeta says, sitting next to me. She smiles again, seeming to smile brighter, showing her gums. 

'TOODLE' Effie says, sitting on the arm of the chair to my right. A small squeek escapes her mouth. Haymitch stands behind the sofa so that he can see her face. 

'BOO!' He says, her eyes lighten up and a little laugh escapes her mouth. Peeta and i both cover our mouth. We looks at eachother, we passionately kiss. Primrose raises her hand and places it where our lips meet. Peeta holds her hand and pretends to eat it. She smiles more. 

'BOO!' Haymitch says, she has the same reaction once more. He drops his bottle of liquor to the floor, hearing it smash on the ground. Effie screams. He takes Primrose in his arms. 

'You'll keep the nightmares away wont you baby?' He whispers in her ear, but loud enough so we hear. We all look at eachother. He places her into Peeta's arms, he rushes upstairs and gets his last crate of liquor. He takes it outside and sends it into the community bin. Making us all stop. 

'Oh, i didn't tell you.' He says, pointing a finger at our shocked faces.

'Last night, i run out of liquor. I went to bed, sober. Terrified i would have nightmares. I didn't. I dreamt about this beautiful lady.' He says, taking Primrose's hand and places it around his forefinger.

'She kept them out.' He pauses, taking a breath. 'Making her laugh like that, made me realise. It isnt the product that keeps the nigthmares out. It's the feeling.' He says. He walks inside, we follow. The only thought that runs through my mind...Haymitch has just stopped drinking. Forever. 

~BubblesAbernathy