Chapter Sixteen

CHAPTER 16

Since Peeta found out about the pregnancy, he has been doing everything, cooking, cleaning, everything. Sometimes i want to do it though, just because i am pregnant, doesn't mean i am incapable of doing chores. Today, Annie and Finn are coming down to see us for the week. I stil have not told her that i am pregnant, Peeta says she'll prefer the surprise. Effie and Haymitch are actually close now, Haymitch decided to cut down on the drinking, and Effie stopped complaining. My stomach has started to enlarge, it feels strange, feeling the child inside of me. It hasn't had much movement yet, as i am only 2 months gone, but soon enough, the child will have full mobility inside of me, which creeps me out. Peeta often just holds my stomach and i, not letting go, just as he is now. My head is settled in his neck. One hand rests on my lower waist and the other holding the bump, it isnt much yet, but it is something i guess. We hear a knock at the door. Peeta releases me and goes to awnser, The bump isn't all that noticable as i am wearing a baggy top. I make tea while Peeta helps Annie to the guest room, Annie hasn't seen me yet, so i am trying to think about how to tell her. I end up with one of the simplest ways possible. She and Peeta make their way downstairs, i place the teas on the table, she hugs me, not noticing the bump. I know that Annie knows that there is something different, my face is giving it away. 
'What's up?' Annie says looking into my eyes. I look down at my stomach, she doesn't get the message so i flatten the felt of my top over the bump, so she can see the perfectly rounded stomach that shows a baby growing inside. She smiles from ear to ear and hugs me tight. 
'Congradulations!' She screams, releasing me from her grasp and hugging Peeta closer than usual. I get a little jealous by the way Annie is holding Peeta, and for how long they embrace, i put it aside to pregnancy hormones and leave it there. Annie, Peeta and i get reaquanted, when Peeta goes to get Finn from his nap, Annie asks me;
'Katniss, do you actually WANT this baby?' This makes me think, i dont know... I mean, yes, i do, but i dont. THIS IS SO CONFUSING. She is looking at my face as i think, she can see that i am deep in thought; in fact, i am so deep in thought that i dont hear Peeta return with Finn.
'Yes, Yes i do want this baby.' I say, looking at Annie, then shocked to see Peeta and Finn standing there, aimless. Peeta smiles and kisses my forehead, passing Finn to me. I feel something different this time i hold Finn, i get the urge to make sure he is okay, change his diaper, and feed him. This is weird. Annie and Peeta notice a difference in the way i am acting around Finn and laugh at me. This makes me go red. Suddenly, Haymitch bursts through the door in a heap.
'What's up Haymitch?' Peeta says.
'You're pregnant.' Haymitch says, pointing at me. 
'Y-Yess.' I say Matter-of-factly. 
'Looks like he loved you too hard.' Is all Haymitch says, sending himself into hysterics. Meanwhile we all sit there looking at his patheticness. 
'Are you quite done Haymitch?' Peeta says, tiredly.
'Yes, sorry, i just remembered that you were pregnant, i completely forgot. Congradulations.' He says, leaving as he came. We all look at eachother and start laughing. Haymitch, is the ONLY person who could say something like that and not get on the wrong side of me. I make dinner that night, it feels good to be doing things for myself. Peeta and Annie go for a walk with Finn. When dinner is ready, i walk outside to tell them to come inside, i can't see them. I walk down to the lake slowly, trying to listen to what they are saying. 
'Peeta, i love you.' Annie says. I feel alot of anger burst inside of me. GOD DAMN HER. I am just about to make myself known when i hear Peeta's reply;
'Annie, i dont care. I love Katniss, we are going to have a family together. I would like us to remain friends.' He gets up, offering her a hand up. In one swift movement, she gets up and plants a kiss firmly on Peeta's lips. I feel a tear venture down my cheek.