Chapter Eight.

CHAPTER EIGHT

I go into my room and shower. I change into black jeans and a v-neck green top. I go into the dining car to find Effie and Peeta sat down, eating. I approach them, Peeta rises, puts his fingers through the belt loops in my jeans and pulls me into a passionate kiss. I hear Effie mutter 'Manners' under her breath, but i dont care. I love Peeta, everyone should know. When we stop, i have croissants and hot chocolate, dipping the croissants into the hot chocolate, as does Peeta.

'So, i take it you saw Haymitch's interview this morning? quite riviting?' Effie suggests.

'Yeah, it was good.' I simply reply.

'You know, now that i get to know Haymitch, he isnt all that bad.' Effie says, catching us both off guard.

'What do you mean?' Peeta asks. Effie blushes through her make-up. She likes him. This is new... We let it settle until there is a very loud band that shakes the entire train. As suddenly as it came, there was a release on the train.

'What the heck was that?' I ask Effie. Just as i ask this, Haymitch comes hurtling through the cars. 

'Oh, thought i had missed breakfast.' He says, sitting next to Peeta and Effie, directly opposite me. 

'What was that bang? How did you get here?' Peeta asks.

'I had an express train to THIS train, had it magnetically attached so i could board this one, then detach, back to the capitol.' he says, filling his mouth with jam tarts. I look toward Effie who is smiling like an idiot. I kick Haymitch playfully.

'What was that for?' He asks, rubbing his leg. 

'It was Effie...' I say bluntly, she doesn't reject it either, making him laugh. He clasps her hand and says that it is okay, but she should have more manners next time, which makes us all laugh harder. In what feels like forever we are back in the D12. Home. Peeta and i walk hand in hand to my house, where we sit for a while, just enjoying one another's company. We maek arrangements for Peeta to move into my house. I know it isnt much, but it is all i have left of my family, I want to stay here, but i want Peeta to be with me every night, helping eachother through the darkest nights. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It has been a week since we decided to move Peeta in. He is now FULLY moved in. Now that he is moved in, i no longer have nightmares about him leaving me for Clove, they are just of him leaving me in general. He cannot leave me. Ever. I love him too much to be able to love anyone else after he is gone. I can only pray that he will be with me until the end. Strangly, the phone rings and i get the urge to awnser it. I NEVER awnser the phone. Not ever. But today, i do.

'Katniss, is that you?' a woman asks. 

'Yes, who is this?' I ask, Peeta is now standing in the doorway, listening. 

'Hi this is Annie!' She yells. ANNIE! 

'Oh my gosh. How are you?' I ask.

'Urm, in D12 actually.' She says modestly 'I want you to meet someone.' She continues.

'Annie, if it is like a new boyfriend or something im not interested. Not after Finnick.' I say, tears coming to my eyes. 

'Trust me! You'll love him.' She says, hanging up. I explain the conversation to Peeta, he just nods and hopes for the best. A few minutes later, there is a bang on the door. Peeta and i both awnser it, There she is, Annie, who is holding a stroller of sorts. Oh no. I think to myself. She opens the stroller. A boy, as handsome as Finnick already sits staring wide eyed at me. Tears flow down my cheeks.

'Katniss, Peeta, i want you to meet Finn. Mine and Finnicks child.' Annie says, entering our home. 

~BubblesAbernathy