trying to take off the ring

As I walk to his office , the teachers in the staff stare at me like I am a criminal. I hate such things like this. I am nervous as well as on the verge of crying.

I dont like this attention which the teachers are giving me. As I reach the door of his office room, I knock on it.

"Don't knock just go in" the receptionist say me whose sitting outside of his room.

"Okay" I whisper and slowly open the door, principle is sitting on his chair, his tie is now loosened and his top buttons are opened.

As I enter he suddenly looks up at me.

"Come ,sit" he points towards the chair in front of him. I sit there quietly. I am again on the verge of crying, I never had been in principle's office at all. Its really very shameful.

"Why are you wearing this in school" he points to my thigh. What? What does he mean?

"I don't understand Sir " my sound hardly comes out as a whisper

"That ring" he says. Actually there is a table between us so what he was pointing to is my hand on my thigh not my thigh. So stupid of me. What I tell him?

Saying him that I am engaged to a vampire will sound so stupid.

"Rings are not allowed in school" he says irritated. Why is he getting so irritated? And I never heard any teacher or previous principle even noticing rings! How he saw that?

"Sorry sir , its stuck on my finger" I apologize.

"No try again to remove it" he says as he stare into my eyes

Its just a ring! Why he is taking it so serious!?

I try to remove the ring from my finger with my whole strength but as luke said, it won't remove until luke wants.

"Ugh" I hear principle whispering some curses. Why is he so annoyed by my ring?

"Wait" he says as he stands up from his chair and comes towards me and take my hand in his hands.

I dont wanna remove this ring, I know I sound stupid but this ring is my engagement ring plus its so beautiful and it's not like I am still happy with this "kidnapped engagement" but still it was my engagement.

As his hand move towards my ring finger , some one burst into the room. Thank goodness I didn't want him to even touch the ring.

"Nicolas" wait, what???

Its luke! What the heck is he doing in my high school?! Suddenly a shocking smile crept on my lips

Don't smile you idiot. You are angry with him because he left you like an old doll who is now of no use this morning.

"Don't you dare touch my wife's ring!" He says as he locks the door behind him.

"Luke, I thought you have some important work with your family?" He smirks

Wait they know each other? I just stand there like a complete idiot who don't know what to do? Luke comes near us, he's still holding my hand, Luke grabs his wrist and push it to principle's body.

"Keep your filthy hands to yourself" he says as he grabs my waist and takes my hand in his to check if anything happened to the ring.

"You put it on her with blood law" principal hisses.

"Any problem with that Nicolas?" Luke smirks. Nicolas smirks back

"You don't have enough trust on the law that you came here in the fear if I can do something to her when no one can remove it until you want? You doubt that? Don't you" he says as he goes back to his seat and sits on it.

"Its not about the ring, I don't want you to touch her at all. I knew if I wouldn't go you will try something" he narrows his eyes towards principle.

"I won't I promise" principal says as he makes innocent faces.

"Go to your class Vanessa" he says softly as he stare into my still teary eyes . I nod and unlocks the door and go to my class, still thinking about what just happened.

As enter the class I see sir already started teaching, he's writing something on the board.

"May I come i sir?" As I say it all's eyes falls on me. I hate it.

"Yes" he says as he continues writing. Thank you sir, for not asking me what happened at the principle's office and staring at me.

As I sit with Lisa she whispers "what happened?" And I know I am gonna face these questions by most of the classmates after the period gets over.

I am just gonna say them that I forgot to pay the fee that is why he called me to his office. What else can I do?