Chapter 5

Hey readers, im abit sad with out votes or comments but I love yall too much to keep yall waiting on my next chapter. So heres ch 5. Hope yall enjoy

* * * *

Darren had been questioning me alot this week about the guy in my dream. He has seemed so worried and tense about it for some reason. Luckily, I haven't had any more strange dreams lately.

I sat at my desk in my biology class, spacing out about the past week as Mrs. Sparrington droned on and on about cell reproduction. I could not wait until the bell rings so I could go to lunch. Darren and I had the same lunch hour so we got to eat lunch anywhere on campus together.

"Miss Amelia!" The teacher called to me.

"Huh? Oh, yes Mrs. Sparrington?" I said, startled out of my mental thoughts.

"it is so nice of you to return to my class from your daydreams. Now please recite to the class how the cell reproduces."

I looked at her blankly for afew moments before I answered her question.

"Um... The cell reproduces through a cell division process called Mitosis in a total of 6 phases where a single cell splits into two separate cells that are identical to the original and continue to divide in the same continuous process."

She stared at me, stunned as the bell rang. I smirked at her before I gathered my books and left the class. Did I ever mention how easy my classes were? I giggled to myself as Mrs. Sparrington's face replayed in my head after I answered her question. How could she have suspected less from the only student who had kept an 'A' in her class all year? Oh well.

After I put my books in my locker, I met up with Darren after I bought my food. Today we were eating in the front courtyard under the big old oak tree.

"Hey Darren," I smiled as I sat next the him.

"Mrs. Sparrington's class couldn't have been any longer." I complained.

"Well it seems it ended on time." He joked.

"What did you bring for lunch today?" He questioned, eyeing my lunch bag of school lunch.

"I didn't bring lunch today. Mom made me buy." I told him as I showed him the generic peanut butter and jelly on white with an apple and bottled water. I wasn’t a fan of milk. It leaves an icky film in my mouth.

"Ew, you had to get school lunch? Well I guess I could trade you my fruit snacks for the apple since I know you don't really like them that much. Plus, I have been wanting an apple for a while now." He said as we traded.

As we ate, Darren questioned me again to find out if I had dreamed about Alister again. I sighed and shook my head.

"No Darren, will you please stop asking because you’re starting to sound like a broken record." I told him as I finished my sandwich.

"Sorry...I'm just worried. That's all..."

"What are you worried about?" I asked as I lay in his lap.

"I don't know..." He lied. I can tell he's hiding something from me, but what would he hide? I sighed letting it go. I closed my eyes and relaxed.

"Darren, you're comfy."

I heard him chuckle and felt him start to run his fingers through my red and ebony black hair. He always knew exactly what to do to get me to relax completely. We sat like that until the bell rang, signaling that lunch was over.

"Dawn, come on. Lunch is over." He said as he lightly shook me.

"But I'm so comfy." I complained and gave him my best pouty face.