Chapter 11

hi everyone. thank you so much for waiting. i finally finished ch11. i really hope you guys like it. its extra long just for you as thanks for your patience. enjoy, comment, and vote please

Walking through this place was like walking through a corn maze. There were so many twists and turns. I think I have actually lost count how many times I had gotten lost just trying to find my way back to Master Alister’s room. I could now recognize afew halls though by small details and differences. For example, the one I was in right now had the same thick, deep red carpeting as all the others but the carpet in this hall had a stain by one of the doors where the red was darker. I think it might have been a blood stain. Just thinking of that possibility made me shiver. I did not want to know how it got there or why. According to one of the other girls here, this hall was mostly guest rooms. The next hall was too, I think. That hall had a scratch in the paint as if someone hit it with a piece of furniture

Master Alister was gone for the night to do some business with someone. He told me it was about another slave and that I did not need to worry. Believe it or not, I was getting used to being his slave and I was starting to like it. I might as well though right? I did not think I was ever going to get out of there.

With him gone and my chores finished, I had the rest of the night to myself. Hopefully, I did not run into Master Chaos…he scared me. I could only imagine what Master’s parents were like. I had never met them and was not sure if I really wanted to just yet.

As I walked through the halls, I headed to the kitchen for food. I heard sounds of moaning and whimpering coming from some of the rooms as I walked by them. Master Alister or his brother must have had some friends over. And it seemed those friends had brought their own toys. Ugh….not something I really wanted to think about when I was about to eat.

∙           ∙           ∙           ∙

Out of this whole place, I actually did manage to find a room I really liked. It was an indoor garden and grove in a huge circular room. Surrounding the outer edge were a number of trees, each topped with lush green leaves. Flowers bloomed in small patches along the ground. The middle of the room was a big grove of soft green grass with a small pond at the very center. And, believe it or not, but the room even had a skylight as a ceiling to let in sunlight and moonlight. I loved this room because it was so calm and peaceful. To me, it was an escape from everything that went on in this mansion.

I walked over to my favorite spot by the pond to eat my sandwich. Looking out over the water, I saw that the moon was full tonight. Its silvery reflection sparkled beautifully on the water’s surface. Sometimes, I wondered if I would live the rest of my life by the moon’s cool glow, instead of by the sun’s warming rays.

After I finished the last bite of my sandwich, I laid back to relax and watched the moon and stars in silence. They say daydreams occur during the day, but what are they called at night? I was not asleep so it could not be called a dream or nightmare. My mind wandered through my random thoughts as someone entered the room without my notice. Only when they spoke, did I realize they were there. It was a voice I had never heard before.

“You girl, get up.”

The voice was feminine. Her words pulled me from my thoughts. When I looked up, I saw the face of a woman. Was she the mother?

“Are you deaf, child? I said to stand. Do not ignore an order.”

With those words, I obeyed and stood but I did not meet her eyes. My long black and red hair hid my eyes as I kept my gaze down.

“I’m sorry mistress….”

“Who is your master, child?” Her voice was softer now. She had a very soothing voice. It made me feel calm. I replied with only two words.