Chapter 8

Hey everyone, heres chapter 8. hope yall enjoy it. read, comment vote.

~Darren's POV~

It had been 3 days since I had last seen Dawn. I had tried calling and texting her but she has yet to answer any of my attempts. Was she ignoring me? She shouldn't be; I haven't done anything to upset her.

I sighed to myself and decided to call her mom. I was in an alley, just after feeding. I walked out of the alley and into the dim light of a nearby street lamp.

I looked up at the full moon above me as I waited for her mother to answer her phone.

"Hello?" I heard her soft voice.

"Hey Mrs. Amelia", I answered politely. I respected her parents greatly.

"Darren? Is that you? What are you doing calling at this time of night?" I heard the worry in her voice. Something was wrong.

"I was just calling to check on Dawn. Is she ok? She hasn't answered any of my calls or texts."

She took a few moments to answer.

"....Actually I thought she'd be with you. Her father and I went on a date Friday night but when we got home she wasn't there. Her TV was on and there was a movie playing so I knew she'd been home at some point, but she hasn't returned...."

I heard her voice rising in panic and worry as she realized Dawn has gone missing. Shit! That was NOT good.

"No she's not here with me Mrs. Amelia...I've got to go. I'll call you if I hear from her. Promise." I hung up the phone before she had the chance to respond.

Where was Dawn? Was she kidnapped? This was not good. I needed to check the town.

After I spoke to my parents, telling them I would be out late, I spoke to some of my reliable vamp associates. They would keep an eye out for her.

Doing my best not to lose my temper or control, I set out looking for her. I feared for her life out here. God forbid my worst nightmare had come true. The Vampire Slave Trade would be my last resort. If she was taken and sold, I do not know what I would do. Though, if so, I felt sorry for anyone unfortunate enough to cross my path while I was uncontrolled.

Looking out to the horizon, I saw that it was almost dawn. I had been searching for hours. I checked every place she would go. I hoped she was armed at least, if not, she could die out here.

I ditched school that day. Without Dawn there, I had no reason to go. I already knew everything the school was teaching. I can thank my father for that.

I walked home quickly, putting my hat on to shade my eyes from the sun. As I looked around, I saw that I was not the only vampire caught in the dawning light. Maybe my mother or father would be of some help.

When I walked through the door of my parents' expensive home, I easily smelled blood in the air. My parents must have just fed from one of the maids. I walked through the house, looking for my older brother, Shawn. He was the fullblooded one between the two of us. I heard his music playing from his room upstairs.

I think I'll leave my parents alone for now since they just fed.

"Shawn!" I called as I walked up the stairs to his room. Normally, I would never bother my brother over something like this. He and my father did not like my "infatuation", as they called it, with Dawn because she was a pure human. My father could not say much about liking a human. If he hadn't, then Shawn and I wouldn't be here.