Chapter 2: Forget?...Never!

Chapter 2: Forget? Never!

I woke up startled by my phone ringing.

"What do you want...?” I managed to say.

"Well, since I am your bestest friend I was wondering if you would like to go to the movies with me on this fine Sunday with Andrew and Link." She sounded all giggly, more than any other day.

"Ugh. I kind of wanted it to be a pajama day and not a go see a movie with your best friend day..."

"Okay great! I'll pick you up around five!" and with that being said she hung up.

I glanced over at my alarm clock. 8:45. Way too early for me to be up on a Sunday. I shut my eyes again to gain as much energy I could for the afternoon.

.........

 "Hey Hun I made breakfast!" my mother called from downstairs. I lifted my head once again to see that only an hour had passed since my last awakening.

 "I'll be down in a minute!" I reluctantly sat up and made my way down the stairs. My mom had laid out plates and silverware on the table. "When did breakfast get so formal?" And then it hit me. There was an extra plate set out.

"Well Samuel is coming over for breakfast." I looked at my mother happily cooking breakfast. Everything she did was graceful. The way she moved from the cabinets to the stove and then to the table.

 "What's so special about Sam anyway?" I crossed my arms and sat down in a chair at the dining table. She turned and faced me.

 "To be honest I don't really know..." her face went into a slightly confused state but immediately perked back up. I studied her for a brief moment before turning my gaze towards the door.

*knock* *knock*

 "Come in," my mom sang. Sam entered the kitchen to greet my mom with a hug. He whispered something to her and she laughed. It was almost if she had completely forgotten about dad.

I took out my phone and texted Haley. 

Me: hey Hale, can u plz come & pick me up earlier?

I got a response within twenty seconds.

Haley: Umm, sure but may I ask y? 

Me: I think my mom has a new bf and I don't want to be here 

Haley: ok I'll b over there in an hour, k? 

Me: okay thanks

My mom served breakfast and I scarfed it down quickly. She took her time and as did Sam. She would occasionally laughed at him. Sam would laugh with her.

"May I be excused," I pleaded grabbing my plate.

"Yeah sure Hun," she spoke never breaking eye contact of Sam. I put my plate in the sink and began up stairs.

All it took was a few days for him to make her happy and I will never succeed at that. I stood at the top of the stairs trying to listen in on their conversation. I wish I had better hearing. The only thing I could hear was my mother’s giggle.

I quickly made my way towards my room. There laid Bear in his same spot as usual. He lifted his head and looked at me. I stroked his soft black fur and laid down beside him. He took up most of the bed considering he had settled down in the center of it.

I grabbed my phone out of my pajama pocket and quickly texted Haley.

Me:...help me... 

She didn't respond.