Chapter 18: Killer Cousins

          The amount of tension in the room raised the hair on my arms. As I stepped further into the room Max kept a protective hold on my hand. Haley noticed something was off also.

          “You guys are cousins?” Haley interjected, hoping she would pry Andrew’s eyes off Max’s. A low rumble erupted from Max and I was sure that he would try and rip his face off. Family drama much? I mean first his sister, now him? Geez, what have Haley and I gotten ourselves into.

          “Max,” I whispered, “Release your hold.” He loosened his grip and whispered back a sorry.

          “Yeah, we’re cousins alright. Not very hostile cousins though,” Andrew smirked.

          “And why is that Andrew?” Max shook his head letting the tension slip slightly.

          Andrew slowly rose up from the chair and walked towards Max. He placed a stern hold on his shoulder and whispered something low enough for me not to hear. Max turned his body abruptly making Andrew’s hand jerk back.

          Max kissed me on my forehead and followed Andy into the kitchen. Haley walked over to me, shock and fear filled her eyes, “What the hell is going on here?” She furrowed her eye brows.

          “I have no idea,” I laughed hesitantly with a cringed face. I followed the two angry boys into the kitchen. They were both across the room from each other, staring ferociously at one another.

Haley thought it was about time for them to explain. So with her petite body she stormed into the kitchen and snapped her fingers in front of her boyfriends face. He turned to face her. “What the hell is going on here? You two need to start explaining,” Andrew started to object, “Right now Andrew.”

Andrew looked taking back by her harsh tone. I had never heard her speak that way in all of my life. I was slightly scared of her also.

“So we had a falling out a few years ago, no big deal,” Andrew rolled off his tongue nonchalantly.

Haley cocked her head slightly, pursed her lips tightly, and began to speak, twice as loud, “Andrew James Darren! I want you to tell me right now!”

“What are you my mother?” He argued.

“I have your mom’s number on speed dial, don’t make me call her,” she threatened.

Andrew rolled his eyes, “We got into a fight awhile ago. It wasn’t that bad. It was just the aftermath after it set our family apart. We just don’t get along, that’s all.” What a freaking lie.

“Yeah, that’s all. Just a falling out,” Max clenched his jaw. I kept a stern watch on him.

I thought to myself, Well this couldn’t have gone more smoothly. I watched as Andrew slowly relaxed pulling Haley into an embrace. Max took my hand again, this time with more compassion and less pain.

Should we leave? I asked through my mind.

If you want to, he said. I nodded my head slightly but Haley had other plans.

“If you guys want to stay, I just ordered pizza.”

I guess we are staying then, I winced at the slight movement coming from the window. A bird decided to perch on the windowsill.

“Okay, sounds great,” I plastered a smile on my face. She smiled back hinting her awkwardness.

“Go into the living room, I need to talk to Andrew for a second,” Max asked both Haley and I. I nodded and followed Haley into the living room.

She sat down on the recliner and I sat down next to her on the couch. “Well, I have reached maximum awkwardness for today.”

“Same,” I choked out a laugh, “So, what’s good on the T.V. right now?”

“Um, let me check,” She reached for the remote but stopped because of a loud crashing from the kitchen.

“I’ve had it with you! I f@#king wish you’d have stayed away!” Max came flying into the hallway. He quickly recovered and ran back after Andrew.

Haley and I jumped up from our seats and cautiously ran towards the chaos.

Andrew had Max pinned against the fridge and blood was freely running from his nose.

“Stop!” I cried throwing myself at them. “You’re hurting him!” I tried ripping his hands away from Max’s throat. It was pointless, Max was weaker than him. “Haley! Please help,” I croaked.

Haley grasped her boyfriend’s waist. “Babe, let go,” and he did. Andrew slowly lowered his cousin to his feet.

Crying and confused I ran into Max’s arms. My tears soaked his blood stained shirt.

“You could have killed him!?” I turned to Andy. “You could have freaking killed him!? Haley, I’m sorry but I have to go.”

I ran outside, and Max chased me behind, “Hey, Danielle, Danielle please stop. Danielle!”

I stopped and wiped the tears from my eyes, “You could have died Max. I don’t know how I could live without you.”

He pulled me into a tight hug.

“Danielle, I love you.”

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, did you guys like it? I can honestly say that I enjoyed writing this chapter very much.

Any recommendations for characters? If you have a preference for any of the characters please tell me in the comments or in a message.

Thank you guys so much for the positive feedback! It makes me feel amazing that you all seem to like it.

Comment

Vote

Fan

-----------------------------

Copyrighted Material

All Rights Reserved

-----------------------------