Chapter 11: Oops My Bad

I woke up early and took a shower. Max took one shortly after me because i told him he smelt like a dog.

I ran downstairs and asked my mom something before she left to go to work. "Hey mom?"

"Yeah honey?" she responded putting things into her lunch box.

"I'm sorry for blowing up on you and Sam," i rushed out. I didn't feel like being upset at her anymore.

"it's fine honey i understand completely."

"You do?" I responded confused.

"Yep and I have to go, have a great day!" she shouted at me while rushing out the door.

I clasped my hands together, "That was weird."

Now that that's done with, it's time to take max on a little trip.

I ran back upstairs to see an impatient Max pacing in my room.

"Will you please tell me where we are going?" he whined for the fiftieth time.

"Nope," I said. "And my mom just left so we can go downstairs.

"Fuck yeah!" i looked at him and crossed my arms. "Sorry," he apollogized.

"Good boy!" I praised him and ruffled his hair. My face turned serious and I began to speak again, "Now go get something to eat and we'll be on our way."

I pushed him outside my door and motioned him to go downstairs. I can't believe I like this kid, wait what? I did not like him more then a friend. I told myself.

I know he's cute but he's living in my house I don't want to fall in love with someone who already shared a bed with me.

"I'm going to eat all your bacon!" Max shouted from the kitchen.

I shook myself out of thought and ran downstairs. "Don't you even dare," I stood in an attack position.

"What are you gonna do about it, huh?" he asked teasingly holding the bacon above his head. I grimaced and lunged at him.

In an instant his face turned into pure fright. He screamed and I held onto him. "Give me the bacon!"

Nobody jokes about my bacon, nobody.

"Never!" he turned and faced me. I didn't think he would pick me up. He slung me over his shoulder and threw me gently on the couch.

I started fake crying, pretty darn convincingly if I might say.

"I'm so sorry Danielle, please don't cry," he pulled me into a hug. I planted a kiss on his cheek and squeezed out of his grasp. "Oh no you don't," he said tightening his grip around my waist. I grabbed the bacon and held it to my chest. We fell off the couch and he rolled on top of me. "Give it back," he said. My face was being squished into the carpet.

"Never!" I blurred out. "This is my bacon! Mine!"

He got off of me and pulled me off the floor. I stuck my tongue out at him and he responded with a smirk.

"Give me the bacon, you can't eat it if it's not cooked." he stated.

I leaned my head back in defeat, "Fine..."

I reluctantly handed him the pack of bacon. "When is your birthday?"

"February 14th, why?" I folded my arms against my chest.

"Valentine's day?" he questioned.

"Yeah, it sucks." I sighed. It was the truth. I really didn't like having my birthday on that day. For someone who has been single on that day and well everyday other then that day too.