Chapter Three

I walked to my dorm to get my uniform on. It was a black t-shirt with black pants and a black hat with black gloves and black boots.  I think you get the point...

I walked to Cristiano's dorm. On my way, there was a fold in the carpet. I ended up tripping on the carpet; in front of Cristiano's room. He opened the door.

"Man, I thought that was a harsh flop."

"Yeah right."

"Well, by the way you play soccer downstairs, I'm pretty sure you were practicing."

"Sure." That was all I could think of anyway.

He walked over to help me up. Gosh, I think I bruised my tailbone. "Thanks. Um, why are we on the mission again?" I asked.

"Oh. About that. This is very important to everyone in the base. Right now we're very important to-"

"Okay I get the point! Why are we on the mission?"

"The Talaat group snuck in on the night of the pool party and got the Blue Sapphire. You were right about us under attack."

"I like hearing that." I said with shock and disappointment on my face.

We have a blue sapphire hidden in the basement to have... For who knows what, a symbol maybe? Plus I also kinda forgot about it until now.

We got outside in the middle of the night. The cool air hit my cheeks like cold water. We walked to a motorcycle and hopped on. We had to go to New York City, because apparently that's where they took it too.

Yep.

It took awhile but it was an okay ride.

When we got there we headed to the Empire State Building. I don't even know why we did that. We climbed to the top and perched ourselves on the ledge.

"From up here we can see all of New York City. I can map out the coordinates Jeff gave me, and you can watch in case the Talaat group find us."

I heard the silent cars from the city street below.

"I thought there would be a lot more beeping of car horns at night." I said looking down at the solemn traffic. "Maybe their quiet hours are going on right now?"

Cristiano was mapping the coordinates.

"I don't really think they have quiet hours."

"Whatever,"

He never looked up from the papers. I could see his face in the light of the buildings. I looked away, but my blonde hair just blew in my face. I got up and walk over to Cristiano. Gee, that boy just kept working, I feel bad just watching him.

"Should I do something?" I asked. "I can help you."

"Nah, I'm good."

"Really. You do all the work and I just watch. No way!"

"Yeah, that's what you're gonna have to do. Live with it." He snapped. I sat down and closed my eyes.

*****

I imagined that I was floating over New York, looking at all the lights, wishing I could be with real live people. Again, I'm a spy. I floated to the single twin tower and touched the windows. I floated over Central Park and then back to the Empire Sate Building.