Chapter Seven

I walked over to a filing cabinet, which had a photo sticking out. I picked it up.  A black and white photo, showed Andrea and Jeff on a bench.  Andrea's hair was curled while she was wearing a white dress.  Jeff was in a tuxedo.  They were both smiling.  It was their wedding day.  I put the photo in my pocket and kept looking.  There was another filing cabinet, but one drawer was wide open.  I walked over and took out a piece of paper. 

    It was a battle plan sheet, with words scribbled all over it, with the exception of Andrea's name.  I threw the paper down and ran out of the room, shutting the door behind me.  I ran around a corner and stopped.

    I saw Indie and Montana standing and holding hands by a wall, but Chester, her partner was watching them, with a sad look in his eyes.

    I had a feeling Chester and Indie liked each other, and dated, but not anymore.

    Montana leaned down and kissed Indie on her cheek, and left, leaving Indie floating on clouds.  I saw Chester shake his head and leave too.  As I ducked behind the corner, I heard Indie walk towards me.

    "Via? What are you doing here?"  She asked. 

    Crap.

    "Uh," I stuttered, "I, was actually looking for you."

The smell of cardboard drifted through the air, making me look around for a sign of more things to pick up. Indie kept looking at me, so I had to look down at the freshly cleaned carpet.

    "Oh, because, as I walked over here, I saw you going through Andrea's stuff.  What were you doing?" Indie questioned.

    "I saw you with Montana, and to be honest, I also saw Chester.  Watching you." I said.  Indie looked puzzled.  She shook her head and looked over to where she was with Montana.

    "He was watching us.  Darn it!" She said quietly, "So, Chester and I used to date, and we actually never confirmed that we broke up, so that must be hard on him."

I shook my head and looked back up at her. She was trying to peek around the corner and see if Chester was still watching.

    "Indie, you really need to start a matchmaking business." I said.

     Indie turned and glared at me.

    "That's not funny!  It's serious stuff." She said poking me square in the chest.  My smile faded.  I turned around and left Indie hanging. I walked to my dorm and fell onto my bed. I had forgotten to make it this morning, which had sheets sprawled everywhere.

    Right before I fell asleep, I heard a clang in the hallway. I got up and opened the door.  Amber was in the hallway, picking up pieces of something.

    "Hey," Amber said.  "I was just going to bed," she yawned.  I looked at what she was picking up. 

    "What're you doing?" I asked.

    "Eh, picking up something I dropped." She replied. Amber left and I got up and walked to my bed.  I fell asleep.

*****

    The next morning I woke up, took a shower, and got dressed.  I walked out to the hallway and heard Chlorice's high heels.  She soon came upon me and shoved a knife at my face, with the sharp end pointing her way.  She turned it around and said, "You!"

    "What?" I asked.

    "You took my makeup, and my pants, and my hair, and my shampoo." She continued.

    "I did?" I asked confused. I really wasn't in the mood for this, but I'll have to deal with the storm first. "Okay, first of all, I hate your sense of style, and I don't wear makeup unless it's a dance.  So, I didn't." I said as I walked past her.  I head Chlorice give a little humph, and walked away.  I decided to go down to the cafeteria and get a muffin.