Chapter Ten

Cristiano looked back at me. He had a grave look on his face. I shook my head and laughed. I let my arms hang loose at my sides, and turned around. I couldn't stop laughing at myself. Cristiano had a fight with me, and to make it up, he tried to save my life? I mean c'mon, that was cool and all, but that doesn't help a broken heart. I heard footsteps and a hand on my shoulder.

"What?" I asked without turning around. I heard Cristiano sigh.

"I'm sorry, okay?" He said. "Why can't you accept that?" I rolled my eyes.

"Just, stop. I've been going through some hard times right now, for example, my hand, Chester, a missing member of the Blue Sapphires!" I screeched waving my hands for gestures. "I have to go." I said solemnly and hit him in the shoulder while I walked past him. Cristiano grabbed my arm tightly.

"You're not going anywhere." He said angrily, which made me a little nervous. I tried to let my arm loose.

"Stop it, Cristiano." I said; teeth clenched. I side-kicked him in the knee. He didn't budge.

"Why are you fighting me?" Cristiano said laughing. "You can't beat me, I'm a boy, much stronger than you." My eyes widened.

"I'm sick of hearing that! You really think that being a boy means you're stronger than me?" I asked him.

"Of course, all you girls are worried about is what you wear, how to impress boys, how you're hair is and how much makeup you wear." I raised my eyebrows.

"Try me."

"Okay, first off, you have way too much makeup on."

I smirked, and licked my finger and tried rubbing off my invisible makeup.

"Nothing there." I said.

"You brushed your hair way too many times this morning." I ran my fingers through my straight blonde ombre hair, which they got stuck in many parts. I rolled my eyes and smiled.

"You spent a lot of time picking out what you wear." Cristiano continued.

"I'm wearing sweats and a t-shirt!" I yelled.

"Lastly, you always try to impress me." Cristiano said. I blinked. Something I haven't felt in a while. I backed away from him.

"Because," I said. "I started to like you," I felt the familiar burn of tears behind my eyes. "I just never knew if you did." I started walking away. I could already feel my cheeks getting wet from my tears. "Thanks to all the boys out there who are so stereotypical. You guys suck!"

I wiped them with the palm of my hand. As I started to choke up cries, I heard footsteps come up to me.

Before I knew it, my wrist was being grabbed. Cristiano pulled me close so we were only two inches away from each other. I looked into his soft blue eyes as the only thing I could here was our breathing.

He slowly put his lips up to mine and brushed them with a swift kiss. Then he did it again, and I kissed him back. In between a kiss he said to me, "But, I do love you back," I backed away, I couldn't do this. I have never kissed anyone before, except now. His previous girlfriend dumped him, and a day later, we were partnered up.

"What?" Cristiano asked, "Did I do something wrong?" He looked at me in concern. I shook my head.

"No, I..." I stammered. How could I tell him I wasn't ready for this kind of thing? I flopped my hands to my sides, and kept shaking my head. I was blushing, and I could feel a lump in my throat. I turned away and hung my head in my hands. I shook with cries. I felt like I was going to fall on the ground and curl into a ball; forever. Instead, I fell to my knees.