Chapter One

Part One: Via

I sat on the roof of the fake house and watched the sun rise. I felt the sun's warmth touch my bare feet, reach my thighs, then cover my cheeks. I wore my light blue tank top which covered the elastic of my pink shorts; my hair pulled up into a loose bun.

When the sun shone a little to brightly, I got up and climbed through the bedroom window, landing at the foot of a neatly made bed. I walked to a closet and picked out my green top with a black line running down the sleeves. I got out my black shorts and white flip flops. I walked to the bathroom, brushed my teeth, and pulled my long, blond ombré hair in a ponytail.

I noticed my sister's 'bedroom' door was still closed, so I gently opened the door. Empty.

"Sky?" I asked. No answer.

Sky was a tall brown haired girl with blonde tips. She had blue eyes and she was optimistic and lovable. I walked to the back of her closet and pressed a button. The floor beneath me disappeared, and I fell. I landed on some material that cushioned and protected me from falling. There was a set of doors in front of me, that was outlined with mahogany wood, and filled in with glass.

Soon the doors opened. I ran down the long hallway which was lined with multiple doors, similar to a hotel, and to her dorm, which was like a hotel room, only decorated personally, and I found her sitting on her bed crying. Sky never cries.

"What happened?" I asked. She looked up. Her dark auburn hair covering most of her face. She spoke between sobs.

"I dropped my phone."

"What?" I asked, "How?"

"I had it plugged in a charger, and then I took the case off, and it fell to it's 'death'." She told me. "I had all my missions scheduled on my calendar, and now I'm gonna have to ask Dylan all the time which sucks, because I don't..." Sky left her sentence hanging on a cliff.

"Don't what?" I asked.

She got up and grabbed the tissue box and wiped her face, then said, "Because I don't like him."

"Why not?" I questioned her.

She shrugged as she wiped her face.

"Wait a minute, you hesitated! You do like him." I raised an eyebrow at her and smirked. Sky glared at me then loosened her face and smiled too.

"Just because I hesitated doesn't mean I like him," Sky protested. Sky sat there for a moment. "Fine, maybe I like him, but only a little."

I smiled so hard at her that she gave me a stern look.

"You better not tell him or I will kill you!"

Just then an announcement came on the PA System.

"Attention: A new person has joined the Blue Sapphires. All members come to the front room. Thank you."

"Well that's weird. There hasn't been any new people in years," I said.

"I think that's about to change," Sky answered as we walked out the door. We ran down the long hallway which had a cream paint on the walls, and a carpet with a swirl design on it. We turned a corner to the front room of the Blue Sapphire headquarters. All the teens were gathered in one area, and so were the adults and children.

"We have a new member everyone!" said Jeff, the leader of the group, married to a woman who was co-leader. Her name was Andrea. His full name is Jeff Elwood. He looks kind of like a model for a magazine, but we all know that'll never happen. He had brown hair slicked back and a black top, which, showed off his abs and stuff. He wore tight jeans which I really disagreed with, and some sneakers.