Chapter Fourteen

I stared at her with disbelief in my eyes. Then, I banged on the window.

"Chlorice!" I screamed. Then I ran to the door and thrust it open and ran to her. "What the heck do you think you're doing?" I yelled, but stopped as I realized a ton of apes were staring at me.

"What do you think?" She said holding a lipstick. "I'm just simply giving these very ugly and disturbing people a makeover." I looked behind her, where I thought I saw a lady, but was an ape with a waxing job, and a very powdered face with a bunch of makeup on. I was impressed. I didn't think it was possible to turn an ape into a different kind of species. My face turned into a grimace and I scrunched up my nose. Chlorice saw, and frowned. "What? They're ugly people and need a makeover."

I felt a shiver go down my spine.

"Chlorice, they are all apes!" I yelled, shaking her. I blinked, then she shrugged herself away from me and went on putting lipstick on an ape. I blinked. Twice. I watched her finish it and then pull out a wad of paper. Then, somehow, she had a bowl of melted wax and put some on the paper. She then put it on the forehead of the ape and patted it down. She ripped it off seconds later, leaving pink skin on the head.

"You know, this is a lot of work, so you can help me," She said sounding bored.

"No thanks," I said and walked back to the jet. Once I reached the door, questions were poured on me.

"What happened?"

"Why did you do that?"

"Is Chlorice okay?"

I stopped walking.

"Guys!" I yelled. "Stop! I'm okay." I showed them my arms and legs. That didn't seem to help the questions. "I'm fine! We need to get Chlorice out of here." I gestured to her. I had no clue why they were so worried. I grabbed an apple off of the counter and took a bite. "Honestly, guys. Stop worrying about me and worry about Chlorice." I gestured out the door.

Everyone looked out and I saw Sky scrunch up her nose.

"Well, at the moment, is Chlorice okay?" Charlie asked.

"Uh, yeah. We just need to grab her and get off the island," That's when I realized Amber had walked away.

"Amber?" Charlie asked. He too, had realized she was missing.

"Yes?" She came out with a rope.

"What's that for?" Sky asked taking a step back.

"Getting Chlorice. You'd figure it'll be hard."

"Well, technically, we just need to grab her makeup bag and run." Indie shrugged her shoulders. Everyone agreed. So, we pushed Indie out into the open and got her to take the makeup bag. I watched out the window.

Indie tiptoed over to Chlorice while she waxed the ape. She grabbed the bag behind her and ran, but to my surprise, Chlorice noticed and screamed. She dropped everything and ran after Indie. Indie threw the bag in the plane and ran around the side. Seconds later, Chlorice came running through the doors, breathing deep breaths.

"Makeup!" She screamed, and grabbed the bag, but before she turned around, Indie got inside and slammed the door.

"Sit. Down. Now." Sky said, pointing to a chair.

"But I need to finish my job!" Said Chlorice, sitting down.

"Okay, all we need to do is get off the island and into one of the fifty states," Dylan scanned through his phone.