Chapter Sixteen

I walked past Sky and to see how Indie was doing. She was on the floor, kicking at Jade. Indie hopped up and swung a kick at Jade's head. She screamed and fell to the floor. She didn't get up. Indie hopped off the platform and grabbed the money, and we all walked to the cafeteria.

"Nice job guys," Sky and Amber said, high-fiving us. I smiled, so did Indie, through a bruised mouth. I sat down on a chair, wincing. Everything on me would probably be bruised.

"Ugh," Amber said, rolling her eyes. "The stupid hide 'n seek game is tonight." We all sighed. "Guess we'll have to live through it." I got up and grabbed a water bottle, and then sat down again. For a moment we just sat there, staring at each other, waiting for someone to talk.

"Well," Indie said. "I have to pee. Later."

We waved, and I got up too.

"I'm gonna go take a shower," I said. "Bye." I walked up to my dorm, then I heard yelling.

"Dude!"

"Yeah?"

"You were in a coma!"

"I know, I'm not dumb!"

I walked down the hall and saw Chester, and Charlie.

"Hey dudes!" I said and joined them.

"Hi, Via."

"Chester," I said smiling. "Has Indie seen you yet?"

"No, I'm planning on surprising her in her dorm right now," He said.

"Go right ahead, I was going up there to my place anyway." We started walking to Indie's dorm, and when we got there, I lingered around the corner, listening. Chester knocked, and I soon heard a click, and Indie opened the door.

"Chester?" She whispered.

He laughed.

"Chester!" I watched them hug. I smiled and walked back to my dorm. When I sat down on my bed, I checked the time.

3:58

I sighed, and took a shower.

*****

When I got out and checked my phone, I had a missed call from Sky. I called her back when I was dressed.

"Sky?"

"Where are you, Via?" She said urgently. "Get down here, now!"

I hung up and ran down to the lobby area, and everyone was lined up in an order. I got next to Sky, and accidentally nudged Lucas.

"Don't touch me," Lucas said through gritted teeth.

"What was that, Mr. Lucas?" Karen stepped up to him.

"Please," He said sassily. "It was her fault." Lucas pointed to me.

"I know Via didn't do that, because I was watching you the whole time," Karen tilted her head slightly to the left. "Are we going to have a problem?" Her voice was full of acid, her eyebrows raised.

"No," Lucas scoffed.

"Okay," Karen backed up. "I'm going to tap the seekers and give them a bright green shirt," Karen started behind the line. "Don't look back." I looked forward, waiting to not be tapped. Unfortunately, I was tapped. After she reached the end of the line, she said, "Anyone who didn't get tapped, run. Seekers, stay." I saw Sky run off, and so did Amber and Indie. A glimmer of hope in my body went away. Karen gave me a green shirt.

"What do we do now?" Said a little girl. Parents and kids were in on this too.

"I will set a timer for a minute," Karen pulled out her phone. "Then you go." I sat down and waited. After a minute, Karen shouted, "Seekers, out!"