Chapter Twelve

My blood turned ice cold.  I looked at everyone and checked to make sure she wasn't sleeping behind somebody, but she wasn't.  My eyes grew wide.  I got up and looked all over the edge of the building. She wasn't there either.  I nudged Sky with my foot and she shot up straight.

    "What?" She whispered.  Sky was clearly mad at me.

    "Where's Chlorice?" I asked.  She looked around frantically.

    "Uh," She said shakily. "I don't know.  Ask the others."  I quickly nudged Amber and Indie, who had fallen asleep in their corner.  I whispered everything to them and we quickly got off the building and ran down the street.  I was about to throw up what ever I had yesterday.  My hands were sweating and I was full of energy I felt I never had before. 

    "C'mon, Via!" Amber said.  I realized I was far behind the group.  So what for the energy.  I galloped ahead and caught up with them. 

    Soon later we found the city limits and ran into the country side.  I had no idea where we were going, but I saw that Amber was in the lead with a weird remote.  I was so tired and nervous, I didn't even have a plan for what would happen next.  I quickly thought of a strategy in my head.

    I tripped on a pothole in the road.  I nearly fell on my face, but Sky caught me.  I coughed.

    "You okay?" she asked.  I managed a nod. Sky held onto my arm as we ran to the horizon.  I looked up at the moon and saw it wasn't even close to dawn.

    "Wait!" Indie screamed.  "There was never a missing member from the base.  The Talaat was getting us into a trap!  Don't you see? They took Chlorice as the missing member to get us stumped." 

    My eyes widened.  "We have to get her back though." 

    "That's the point," Amber started.  "They want us to get her so they can get us!" 

    Everyone seemed to be screaming.  I wanted to hold my ears, but that would seem too awkward facing the fact that no one was screaming.  I moaned.  I needed to keep it cool, but how?

    "Why does everything seem loud and hot to you guys?" I asked.  Everything went black around the people I focused on.  I seemed tired, and thirsty.  Sky said something, but it sounded like she was talking in a megaphone.  The wind picked up and I fell asleep.  My head hurt, but I didn't pay attention.

*****

    I woke up sometime later, and felt something wet on my forehead, with Amber and Indie around me.  I looked up and saw Sky pouring water on my head, then putting it into my mouth.

    "Where are we?" I asked.  Indie was looking me directly in the eye, which was getting scary.  I sat up straight and looked at Sky.

    "Where are we and what time is it?" I asked again since nobody seemed to answer my question.  Indie was still looking at me, but smiling a little bit.  Finally she spoke.

    "We're just outside the Talaat base!  All we need to do is get into the base, find Chlorice, and then we're done.  But, It's not as easy as it sounds," She said, frowning.  I giggled.

    "Plus, you seem to have regained your strength to help us."

    "Wait," I said.  "What happened?"

    "You were dehydrated, so you fainted," Indie said.

     "We were carrying you to this spot that I found on the GPS," Amber added.

    "You have a GPS with you?" Sky asked, stopping the water and looking at her.

    "Uh, yeah," She said jutting out her chin to show what was obvious.  She held it up to Sky's face, which Sky made a disgusted face.